Best HR strap

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Ritsuke wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:13 pm
tonytourist wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 pm
I'm not sure WTF is going on with my H10 but the last battery only lasted 3 weeks :unbelievable:
It seems you need to disconnect the device from the strap when you don't use it. Never done that before but now my battery lasts a whole lot longer... :oops:

No, it’s a common issue with the H10 and nobody really knows what causes it. I always unplugged my H10 from the strap, but once it developed the battery drain issue it didn’t matter. It wouldn’t ever go to sleep and would completely drain in days.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

T65 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:59 pm
I just cannot imagine people get multiple years of use out of the strap. I use Garmin and the sensor almost lasts forever on the same battery. But the strap goes bananas within a year. I always rinse it after workouts. Replaced Garmin by Polar soft strap but the same experience. I'm now using a Magene strap that feels really cheap and costs even less. Will see how long that one survives. But I hate throwing non-recyclable stuff in the bin...
Same here, can't seem to get the H10 straps to last a year... Kind of expensive straps like that :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

I'm surprised no one has mentioned an alternative: armband heart monitors. I use a Scosche model that works well and is selling on Amazon right now for $40. Never any problem of falling off or losing contact. Reports real time data to my bike computer. Heartrate numbers are close to my Apple watch numbers.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Regarding the strap, you can find them on Amazon for like $10 or AliExpress for like $4. I bought a bunch to have as backups or swap out when I wash them. Or whenever the elastic stops working well.

izy

by izy

Personally using the polar oh1+ , arm strap compact charger, small and looks good ontop of their accuracy.

Got it cheap in a charity shop new.
Didnt want to strap a chest on for quick rides anyhow.

usr

by usr

I just wish there was some number for live measurement confidence in the ANT+ stream. It obviously would not be comparable across devices, but it could help dealing with placement issues, strap decay and the like.

With all the background analysis things running on the various cloud platforms contemporary hobby athletes use (and the occasional non-cloud tool), HRM data reliability is far more relevant now than it has ever been in the pre-powermeter days. Back then, at worst you'd have to set current intensity by feeling if you noticed the numbers to be implausible, no further consequences. And at times when you did not stare at the numbers, no consequence at all. Today? All kinds of algorithms get skewed even when (or rather: in particular when) you never noticed the numbers to be off. The die-hard number nerd or the professionally coached might avoid most of those effects by careful diligence, but for the more casual, much of the utility of their metrics is on the line. The utility of those metrics might not be huge even with the best data, but bad data certainly makes them worse.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Personally ill never get another wahoo hrm they are just terrible. Maximum lifespan is about a year. Fair enough wahoo have always replaced mine when ive complained but its obviously not fit for purpose.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

calleking

by calleking

That's odd. My Wahoo heart rate strap was included in my Bolt I bought early 2017. The strap worked flawlessly until 2022 training/racing 7-8 hours per week. Bought a Garmin HRM Dual and already having issues with it.
2023 Wilier Rave SLR
2022 Wilier Filante SLR
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:37 am
Ritsuke wrote:
tonytourist wrote:
I'm not sure WTF is going on with my H10 but the last battery only lasted 3 weeks :unbelievable:
It seems you need to disconnect the device from the strap when you don't use it. Never done that before but now my battery lasts a whole lot longer... :oops:

No, it’s a common issue with the H10 and nobody really knows what causes it. I always unplugged my H10 from the strap, but once it developed the battery drain issue it didn’t matter. It wouldn’t ever go to sleep and would completely drain in days.
My Polar H10 battery died last week. put in a new battery and now it doesn't work anymore. no connection to my garmin ...
Has this happened to anyone else?
any ideas how to fix this?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

My H10 started eating through batteries at the rate of 1 every 2 days if i didn't take out of the transmitter between uses.
It also wouldn't uopdate the firmware through the beat app.
Despite Polars 2 year guarantee, they tried telling me its because of the strap "wearing out, they dont last forever", or its your brand of battery; or its because you leave the transmitter on the belt when not in use (i don't).

The poxy thing is only 11 months old...
Official cafe stop tester

jekyll man

by jekyll man

LOWIEV wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:26 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:37 am
Ritsuke wrote:
tonytourist wrote:

My Polar H10 battery died last week. put in a new battery and now it doesn't work anymore. no connection to my garmin ...
Has this happened to anyone else?
any ideas how to fix this?
I'd be tempted to say, its looking for Ant+ (or BT) when you've previously paired it as the other.
Official cafe stop tester

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

jekyll man wrote:My H10 started eating through batteries at the rate of 1 every 2 days if i didn't take out of the transmitter between uses.
It also wouldn't uopdate the firmware through the beat app.
Despite Polars 2 year guarantee, they tried telling me its because of the strap "wearing out, they dont last forever", or its your brand of battery; or its because you leave the transmitter on the belt when not in use (i don't).

The poxy thing is only 11 months old...
I seriously dont understand how buying a hrm is so damn difficult ImageImageImageImage

Basso Diamante eps 12

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Anyone with any experience of this

https://coros.com/heart-rate-monitor? Image

Basso Diamante eps 12

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Gone for a polar h10 its got 2 year warranty so fingers crossed. Personally id like to get realistically 3 years out of it....

I realise this maybe a dream tho

Basso Diamante eps 12

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

I just picked up a Magene for $16 off AliExpress. I'm more than happy with their power meter so I figured I'd pick it up as a backup. Of course my Garmin started having a ton of issues as soon as I bought it. The Garmin was fine for 2-3 years but started just eating through batteries; a new one would last a week. Then it started to drop out halfway through a ride and wouldn't recover. I opened it up and it looked wet inside so I think the water seals weren't working.

So far with the Magene I'm happy. Seems to track perfectly well with my Apple watch. And the strap is the same so I have a few extra straps now. Hard to beat at $16 a pop.

Regarding arm band HRMs. I just don't get the appeal. They're more uncomfortable to me, I've never had an issue with chest straps. Plus I don't like the bulky look under a jersey (I'm vain I now).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com