Wahoo KICKR2 chainstay incompatibility (Canyon frames)

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jadsru1

by jadsru1

kkibbler wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:21 pm
ruen wrote:Did you find a solution? I also have an ultimate cf slx and think about buying a kickr 16.
As a matter of fact I did. 2.5mm of 19x25mm shims behind the 130/135mm adapter. The rear dropouts are about 133mm apart without a wheel/skewer installed. Shims were from eBay.
does anyone have a link for those shims? thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spud

by spud

if you are in the states, go to mcmastercarr.com - they will have any spec washer you need.

addicted

by addicted

Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same issue trying to put a Felt IA FRD onto a Kickr Core trainer.

Using those spacers, that will effectively spread the rear of the frame by 3mm, yes? Is that not dangerous to do to a carbon frame, risk of cracking?

naarji

by naarji

Hello,
same problem here - I have wahoo kickr core (bought in 2020), Canyon ultimate CF SL 2020
the problem
the damage
the solution

it looks ok though - just the color went off

I strongly do not recommend using any additional spacer since I had problems with noises on high gears (did not know where did it come from) - the frame had to be stretched a little bit - I guess any kind of stretch in outside direction is harmfull for the frame and it messes with your geometry, gearing etc...

I used something similar to this on a driller - took a little time but heck... now everything is perfect! and by the way - those scratches are unnecessary, I just did not care much since the metal the wahoo is made of seems very solid
http://www.dovavanik.cz/eshop/foto/616/616303_t_0.jpg

hopefully everybody with this combination of equip will find this thread
lets make sure:

#wahoo #canyon #chainstay #damage #incompatible