An all time low!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hi all
As the weather was so good today I thought I'd go for my first ride in a long time, it didn't go well.
Let me explain, not long after I bought my Supersix I had a little accident at work involving a Stanley knife that happened to find its way into my wrist (let's just clarify that this wasn't an attempt at suicide!!) much bleeding ensued etc but long story short I'm all good but due to stitches, discomfort etc I wasn't riding for a while. Since then life has got in the way of any off season riding, mostly working on my house (a 300 year old stone cottage and yes I did know what I was letting myself in for!!)
I knew I wouldn't be in the best shape but today's ride really hurt!!! My legs were the worst they've ever been, even the slightest gradient really took it out of me and recovery was nonexistent. About 5 miles in I was suffering pretty badly. Bike setup still felt surprisingly good but I was shocked (more like devastated) at how my general fitness has dropped off. I deliberately chose an easy route but struggled the whole way. I still have a very physical job, walk my dog a lot and generally keep myself in good shape but now feel pretty disheartened.
Any advice on how to make a comfortable and rewarding comeback? I'm treating the bike to some upgrades at the moment and want to do them justice!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com