Training week question

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

broshaughnessy

by broshaughnessy

All things being equal (ex. total time in saddle, time in each zone, interval workouts) would you see bigger gains riding 4 days per week or 5? For instance of 5 day week might be (2+2+2+4+1.5) vs. a 4 day week of (2.5+2.5+5+2.5). Each week would have 2 interval sessions of the same intensity and goal. Any and all input appreciated!

misterq

by misterq

always going to see gain from riding more days a week to me better to ride 20-40 minutes than not at all but thats me. A day off the bike leaves me sluggish which has other side effects so there is a lot involved. In most cases ride as much as can. I would try to ride min of 5 days a week, one day off is plenty if any, I usually have one to two rides a week that are easy one being 20-30 super easy then 45-60 min super easy but I ride everyday. OCD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rubik

by Rubik

I would rather ride 30 minutes a day 6 times a week than do more hours over less days. I'd actually probably take 3 hours divided up over 6 days before I'd take 6 hours divided up over three days.

I'm a big fan of continuity in training, even to the detriment of longer training. And since my favorite events are 60-90 minute crits anyway, it doesn't make too much of a difference.

In addition, the shorter, more frequent riding allows for increased intensity in my experience.

cdncyclist

by cdncyclist

As long as you have 2 or 3 rest days built in, it probably doesn't matter that much. Everyone is a little different, I don't like taking more than 1 day off if possible. If you are a numbers guy, the TSS will be the same!

boysa

by boysa

You guys do realize there are seven (7) days in the week, right?!? 8)
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny