Another type of eBay scam

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
uphillisgood

by uphillisgood

This may have already been discussed here, but I didn't see any topics covering it.

I recently sold a Trek 5900 on eBay. About a week after the end of the auction, the 2nd highest bidder was contacted with a seemingly legitimate "2nd Chance Offer" that appeared to originate from eBay.

Fortunately, I had been in contact with the 2nd highest bidder immediately after the auction ended... simply to tell him that if anything went wrong with the sale that I would sell him the bike at his high bid price.

He received the [bogus] "2nd Chance Offer", and forwarded it to me instead of answering it.

I would highly recommend that anyone selling a bike on eBay should make it VERY clear right in their ad that there will be no second chance offers via ebay (or something to that effect).

This is [another] disturbing trend... as scammers/low-lifes try to find ways to steal money. :evil:

fwiw...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com