From Roubaix to Something a bit more racy

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
bobcat2014

by bobcat2014

I'm thinking of moving from my 2020 Roubaix to something a little more racy, trouble is I'm kinda confused by all the options. I've done a lot on my Roubaix, the Alps, Pyrennes, long flat runs and all sorts of sportives etc but I don't really need the Future Shock and I want to be in a *slightly* more racy position and have something a little bit lighter and possibly quicker (for me) I'm not looking for a bone rattling all out race machine but neither am I looking for a some kind of gravel capable machine (which a lot of endurance seems to be headed towards) Something which is good for long days in the saddle. I've got a list I'm building (not exhaustive) and hoping to translate into test rides.

BMC TeamMachine
Factor Ostro
Cervelo R5 / Soloist
Handsling A1RvO
Vielo Alto

I'd appreciate any insight any has moving from endurance themed bikes to more racy steeds

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beebsta

by Beebsta

While I am not familiar with any of those bikes, "slightly more racing position" and the geometry of the Vielo R+1 Alto are not in the same zip code. That is a long and very low bike, is the first time I see a road bike (excluding TT bikes) with such a small stack. Are you sure this is something you want?

GlacialPace

by GlacialPace

Cannondale supersix Evo has a slightly longer head tube, might be worth looking at for something that won't need as many spacers under the stem.