2024 Cervelo Aspero

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

chmiel

by chmiel

Following WW tradition, let's start this thread now as I think we can all agree that the Cervelo Aspero frameset requires a refresh. And I think 2024 is the year this is going to happen.
The original Aspero was released 5 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if an announcement is coming in the next several months.

What updates do you think Cervelo will announce to the Aspero?
1. UDH but no Transmission yet or will Red / Force Transmission arrive with the new Aspero?
2. Longer, Lighter, more Aero frame?
3. Headset cable integration similar to Soloist? or continue with Cal5/R5 style integration? or provide both options?
4. Aspero 105 Race and Aspero Rival AXS Race models? Base model with a Reserve wheelset
5. Within-frame storage options

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Weltverloren

by Weltverloren

The things I would wish for (as an Aspero-5 rider) would be:

1.: Downtube storage so I can stop lugging around a top tube bag for tools.
2.: An integrated barstem with fully internal routing and directly mountable aero bars like on their S5 or the Factor Ostro. Since the current Aspero is using a 1 1/4" steerer, hardly any barstems (and non with decent aero bar support) work for it.
3.: Some aerodynamic optimization. Since the original came out, Ridley and Factor have taken the lead among gravel race bikes in that regard.
4.: Support for wider 650B tires. 650B because that could potentially only require some more width than on the current model and wouldn't affect wheelbase and handling as much as allowing for wider 700C tires. After all, I think it's important that the Aspero keep its snappy handling with road wheels fitted.
5.: A threaded BB
6.: A UDH

The things I actually think they're going to be doing is jumping on the slightly lighter, slightly more aero hybrid train and fitting a UDH. But I'd be happy to be surprised. ; )