Considering the new Bianchi Impulso Pro/RC

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

kgbianchi

by kgbianchi

Hello Weight Weenies - I am considering a Bianchi Impulso Pro/RC as a gravel racer and all road bike. I intend to build one with Campagnolo Super Record Mechanical with a wide range cassette 11-34 and a 50-34 crankset or a a WRL Super Record 45-29 Crankset. My only reservation is that there is not more tire clearance, but I stuggle to imagine needing more than 42mm clearance considering that I have done many gravel races with 32mm tires. Please share your thoughts!

Questions:
  • Will these be avialable as a frameset, seat post and bar only?
  • Will the RC version be mechanical compatible
  • Will Super Record Mechanical routed through the bar and stem function as it should

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tubbeg

by tubbeg

It's difficult to find reviews about this bike from someone who actually owns it and has paid for it. Has anyone tried mounting 45mm tires?

Oshsan

by Oshsan

Just did some experimenting today on my Impulso Comp - can confirm that 700x45 tyres will fit.

In fact I'm running 700x47 Vittoria Terreno Dry and they fit, although clearance is tight - maybe 2-3mm at the chain stays.

Wheels are Campagnolo Levante with 25mm internal rim width.

I'm running it with a Campagnolo Ekar groupset, swapped out the stock Shimano GRX straight away. I've been riding it with road wheels and 700x32 slicks so far, should get a first gravel spin on the wider tyres tomorrow.

By the way the stock weight for the Comp is 9.35kg (size m, Celeste). In road mode I've got it down to 7.4kg (Berk lupina saddle, time xpresso 12 pedals, FarSports feder rims on carbonti hubs etc)

kgbianchi

by kgbianchi

Oshsan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 pm
Just did some experimenting today on my Impulso Comp - can confirm that 700x45 tyres will fit.

In fact I'm running 700x47 Vittoria Terreno Dry and they fit, although clearance is tight - maybe 2-3mm at the chain stays.

Wheels are Campagnolo Levante with 25mm internal rim width.

I'm running it with a Campagnolo Ekar groupset, swapped out the stock Shimano GRX straight away. I've been riding it with road wheels and 700x32 slicks so far, should get a first gravel spin on the wider tyres tomorrow.

By the way the stock weight for the Comp is 9.35kg (size m, Celeste). In road mode I've got it down to 7.4kg (Berk lupina saddle, time xpresso 12 pedals, FarSports feder rims on carbonti hubs etc)
Thank you for the information. It's great to know there is plenty of clearance. I love that you built it with Campagnolo.

Is the shift and Brake housing runthough the headset and frame?

How is the ride?

Oshsan

by Oshsan

Well I've done a few decent gravel rides now - and I really like the Impulso!

It's efficient, feels fast, handles really well. Campagnolo is of course excellent! Record 2x12 would be great as well.

Yes all brake and gear cables/hose route through the stem and into the frame through the headset bearings. Looks nice and clean, not so handy for travel/maintenance but doable.

I've done a review with some pics here:

https://www.sportive.com/cycling-review ... 024-review

Btw I measured the terreno dry tyres, the 700x47 actually come up at 45mm on Campagnolo Levante wheels 25mm internal rim. So 45mm (true width) is probably the widest tyre I would feel comfortable running on the Impulso.

kgbianchi

by kgbianchi

Oshsan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:16 pm
Well I've done a few decent gravel rides now - and I really like the Impulso!

It's efficient, feels fast, handles really well. Campagnolo is of course excellent! Record 2x12 would be great as well.

Yes all brake and gear cables/hose route through the stem and into the frame through the headset bearings. Looks nice and clean, not so handy for travel/maintenance but doable.

I've done a review with some pics here:

https://www.sportive.com/cycling-review ... 024-review

Btw I measured the terreno dry tyres, the 700x47 actually come up at 45mm on Campagnolo Levante wheels 25mm internal rim. So 45mm (true width) is probably the widest tyre I would feel comfortable running on the Impulso.

Great review!

I plan to build up an Impulso (Comp, Pro or RC) with Super Record Mechanical with a 50X34 crankset to use it as an all road bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com