2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

Brabus wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:08 am
ice29 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 pm
Brabus wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:08 pm
From gravel bike , to "road" bike and now to CX bike, took about an hour to convert to CX machine and did first testing, so far nothing bad to say compared to Canyon Inflite i rode last CX season , changed zipp303s with gp5000s to grc1400 with baby limus htlr 33mm, converted from 2x to 1x with 38t chainring, Flite Carbonio saddle to XL-R with Titanium rails, hoods little bit more outward and that's it, weight without pedals 7.4kg, bottle cages and garmin mount still on, removing them before first race
Nice!! :D How does it ride? I was also thinking about doing some CX races this season again, and was wondering whether the Scott-Sram team will get other frame for the CX races, but last season they were using the Gravel Addict so it should be fine as CX bike as well :)
First minutes it didn't felt as agile as inflite, probably thanks to little bit slacker headangle and longer wheelbase, but 15 minutes riding and i felt really comfortable, no problems jumping planks and railing corners, actually if you compare geo to Inflite, Superprestige and X-night, it's not massively different, only 1' slacker headangle, and 10-22mm wheelbase difference, same chainstay length, can't find inflite or x-night bb-height but super prestige has 2mm difference there only.
I don't see any reason why it can't be competitive cx bike, this sunday is first race so i can give better conclusion after that :D
How did you get on during the cross season with it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

TLa wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:48 am
gofasterstripes wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:39 pm

Nice build, could you tell me what gearing you have on the chainset please.

I'm looking at getting one of these but I would like to be able to set it up with a 52-36 chainrings so I can use it on the road and enter the odd time trial in the summer as well as getting some off road rides in
Thanks.

I'm running 50-34, enough to go 60kph (in a sprint) with the 11-34 cassette.
The front derailleur can't go up much higher so don't know if a 52-36 will be possible.

It has been updated with some nice carbon wheels

What wheels did you go with? Looking at roval terra cl or light bicycle wr with dt 350s

TLa

by TLa

Light Bicycle rims (WR45) that I built up myself with DT350 hubs

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

What weight is a medium sized build coming in at? Scott are advertising the 2024 gravel 30 as 8.1kg with rival axs, but more what size they are referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agent041

by Agent041

BadBoyR wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:54 pm
What weight is a medium sized build coming in at? Scott are advertising the 2024 gravel 30 as 8.1kg with rival axs, but more what size they are referring to.
8,1kg??? Definatelly not. Maybe "Tuned" version for around 9000eur comes any near that or if you go wild on changing you components to top level (and low weight), but my Addict Gravel 30 (2023) comes our around 9,5-9,6kg. It is with Shimano GRX600 group. But even eletrical Rival should be somewhere near that weight. And other specs are the same.

But it is OK weight. Or at least when riding, it feels OK. It is pretty stiff frame for gravel bike. Only the front end is smehow "heavy" or better said slugish. So if the like to ride standing pedaling up the hill a lot, I would definatelly change it to something better and lighter. Maybe even one piece stem/handlebar. Only by changing that, you can loose up to 0,5kg of weight. At least my plan is to use something better in the front.

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Agent041 wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
8,1kg??? Definatelly not. Maybe "Tuned" version for around 9000eur comes any near that or if you go wild on changing you components to top level (and low weight), but my Addict Gravel 30 (2023) comes our around 9,5-9,6kg. It is with Shimano GRX600 group. But even eletrical Rival should be somewhere near that weight. And other specs are the same.

But it is OK weight. Or at least when riding, it feels OK. It is pretty stiff frame for gravel bike. Only the front end is smehow "heavy" or better said slugish. So if the like to ride standing pedaling up the hill a lot, I would definatelly change it to something better and lighter. Maybe even one piece stem/handlebar. Only by changing that, you can loose up to 0,5kg of weight. At least my plan is to use something better in the front.
Thanks for this, it seems they are off on their site when it comes to weight. 9.1kg seems about right for 1x axs.

The front end is heavy due to oversized headset maybe with stem and alloy bar. I’m coming from a Scott speedster gravel, but that is alloy and I changed it to carbon bars.

Agent041

by Agent041

BadBoyR wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:23 am
The front end is heavy due to oversized headset maybe with stem and alloy bar. I’m coming from a Scott speedster gravel, but that is alloy and I changed it to carbon bars.
What kind of carbon bars did you use? And for the stem, did you keep the RR 2.0?

Brabus

by Brabus

gofasterstripes wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:11 pm
Brabus wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:08 am
ice29 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 pm
Brabus wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:08 pm
From gravel bike , to "road" bike and now to CX bike, took about an hour to convert to CX machine and did first testing, so far nothing bad to say compared to Canyon Inflite i rode last CX season , changed zipp303s with gp5000s to grc1400 with baby limus htlr 33mm, converted from 2x to 1x with 38t chainring, Flite Carbonio saddle to XL-R with Titanium rails, hoods little bit more outward and that's it, weight without pedals 7.4kg, bottle cages and garmin mount still on, removing them before first race
Nice!! :D How does it ride? I was also thinking about doing some CX races this season again, and was wondering whether the Scott-Sram team will get other frame for the CX races, but last season they were using the Gravel Addict so it should be fine as CX bike as well :)
First minutes it didn't felt as agile as inflite, probably thanks to little bit slacker headangle and longer wheelbase, but 15 minutes riding and i felt really comfortable, no problems jumping planks and railing corners, actually if you compare geo to Inflite, Superprestige and X-night, it's not massively different, only 1' slacker headangle, and 10-22mm wheelbase difference, same chainstay length, can't find inflite or x-night bb-height but super prestige has 2mm difference there only.
I don't see any reason why it can't be competitive cx bike, this sunday is first race so i can give better conclusion after that :D
How did you get on during the cross season with it?
I had back pain in the first race, although i still managed to get 2nd place, so i decided to race mtb races instead and did only Nationals, which went quite well and managed to grab the title, bike worked flawlessly, not a single complaint. Image

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Agent041 wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
What kind of carbon bars did you use? And for the stem, did you keep the RR 2.0?

dfrim

by dfrim

Is there a big difference when you change the handlebars from ALUMINUM to Carbon?

What do you think is a bigger gain... Changing the handlebars or changing the wheelset ? ( stock syncros for Carbon wheelset )

Agent041

by Agent041

dfrim wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:42 am
Is there a big difference when you change the handlebars from ALUMINUM to Carbon?

What do you think is a bigger gain... Changing the handlebars or changing the wheelset ? ( stock syncros for Carbon wheelset )
Changing to better wheels is better. As far as for carbon handlebars, you will notice the bigest difference, if you ride a lot standing pedaling. The front end will feel much easier as the bars will be stiffer.

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

BadBoyR wrote:
Agent041 wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:

Thanks for this, it seems they are off on their site when it comes to weight. 9.1kg seems about right for 1x axs.

The weight on the website for the 23 was listed at 20.8lbs for the 30 model. My medium was 20.4lbs stock without pedals, computer mount and cages. With the upgrades listed earlier in the post I'm now at 20.2lbs including pedals, computer mount, and cages. I can drop close to a pound with a decent wheel upgrade.

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

95s10nj wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
Agent041 wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:

The weight on the website for the 23 was listed at 20.8lbs for the 30 model. My medium was 20.4lbs stock without pedals, computer mount and cages. With the upgrades listed earlier in the post I'm now at 20.2lbs including pedals, computer mount, and cages. I can drop close to a pound with a decent wheel upgrade.
Is yours grx 2x?

London9921

by London9921

Have any of you used your addicts on a trainer yet? I've got a Kickr Core but not yet tried it out with my Addict Gravel. I know Scott officially don't recommend trainer use but I interpret that more as a liability protection on their behalf.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

BadBoyR wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:34 pm
95s10nj wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
Agent041 wrote:

Is yours grx 2x?

105 di2 12 speed 50/34 with 11-36.