2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Valtsu

by Valtsu

First post on Weight Weenies and this thread. I got the 2023 Addict Gravel 30 a couple months ago, stripped it down to just a frame and started to build it up with some new components and parts from my previous Giant Revolt.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Brabus

by Brabus

Anybody tried 2.1" mtb tyre on addict gravel, does it fit?

Krabba

by Krabba

Do someone know why Scott are getting any Gravel Addict 10 bikes untill august? Is it the frames or big stock off other models?
Huge promlems with delays on there bikes, a frend waited 18 month for a Spark.
I would like a 2024 Addict RC frameset or a Addict 10 but the lbs cant order framesets.

Best Regards Chris

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

Nice build, could you tell me what gearing you have on the chainset please.

I'm looking at getting one of these but I would like to be able to set it up with a 52-35 chainrings so I can use it on the road and enter the odd time trial in the summer as well as getting some off road rides in

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

I'm looking at getting one of these but I would like to be able to set it up with a 52-36 chainrings so I can use it on the road and enter the odd time trial in the summer as well as getting some off road rides in

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

TLa wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:08 pm
It came with the tapered thru axles. The seatpost isn't branded as being the SL, didn't weigh it though.

Build is finished:

Really like the little graphics inside the forks:

GRX DI2 shifters
GRX brakes
GRX DI2 rear derailleur
Ultegra 6800 front derailleur
RS500 chainset with Stages 105 left-only powermeter
XT brake rotors (160mm front and 140mm rear)
Handlebars: ritchey wcs streem internal 42cm
Wheel build by me, 350 hubs and DT Swiss M 462 rims (25mm internal width)
WTB Resolute 42mm, tubless tyres
Pro stealth offroad saddle

9.2kg as shown.

Next week I'll add the Garmin mount (Hide-my-bell outfront with GoPro adaptor for the front light), the bottle cages (Elite custom) and my tools (pump under the bottle cage on the downtube, and Topeak Ninja T Mountain under the bottle cage on the seattube)
And the a small bag under the saddle with some spares.

Hope to get the first ride in on Thueseday (tommorow is road bike day :mrgreen: )

I'm looking at getting one of these but I would like to be able to set it up with a 52-36 chainrings so I can use it on the road and enter the odd time trial in the summer as well as getting some off road rides in

MartinPRG

by MartinPRG

I think 52-36 will be OK, what cranks are you going to use? My set-up is not standard (I have 50-34 oval ROTOR chanrings + XCADEY GEN2 spider powermeter + ROTOR ALDHU cranks + 24mm ROTOR non-gravel 43,5 mm chainline axle) and there is still lot of free space between the big chainring and the frame. Round 52 is +/- comparable to my 50 oval. There is so much space that I had to put washers under the FF mount to be able to adjust my FR-R8150 correctly. Without the spacers I was not able to set-up the FD, the range in the new system without the limit screws (limits are set in the app) is much lower than it was before. XCADEY said their powermeter extends the chainline just by 1 mm compared to ROTOR spider but I think it is more.

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

thanks for the info.

I'll be using Rotor 3D30 cranks with standards round chainrings and a power2max power meter, so it sound its like its goer :D

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

Agent041 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:14 pm
I have a strange problem with my Addict Gravel 30 2023, and hopefully someone can help me.

I have problematic front derailleur alignment. Crank Praxis Alba 48/32 (gravel crank). Front derailour GRX600. Already from the start the chain rubs on the first 3 gears (34T,-30T-27T) on a small chainring. I have tried to adjust the L (low) limit screw, but it appears that it was already to the end. As I unscrew the limit screw it goes out away from the "wall". So the derailleur cage does not move to the frame. But when I tighten the L screw in, then the cage also goes nowhere, until I reach the "wall" with the screw, and then starts to move inside even more towards the chain. So the derailer L screw works as it should. But when unscrewing it again, it goes outwards, but unfortunately not out enough. As said, still rubbing on the first 3 gears. Have later then added a chain catcher and again mounted the derailer, but unfortunately it stayed the same. Wanted to adjust it with the center bolt toward the frame hanger and change the angle of the cage towards the chainring, but it was correctly parallel to the chainring from the beginning, so did not do that. I do not understand, why is this? As I investigated, the chainline for Alba and GRX600 are the same (47mm).

As the Praxis bottom bracket (BB) was done after second wash and did not want to buy another Praxis BB for 80eur, and had Ultegra 12speed PowerMeter crank I mounted Shimano BB and Ultegra 50/34 12speed crank. And additionally today also 105 12speed front deraileur, as it has the same chainline as Ultegra (44,5mm). But the result was the same. The low limit screw does not move the cage inner enougf for small gears. Also 1-2-3 gears rub a bit.

Does someone know what the problem is? If I would get 105 11speed with 43,5mm chainline it would be probably OK, but in couple of months I plan to upgrade to 105 Di2 12speed and need to fix this problem as it is. The shop where I bought the bike (online) simply do not care and are ignoring me.
I just built up a scott addicrt gravel with 105 di2 50/34 with 11-36 casette and was able to get the derailluer mounted and adjusted great. The crank is a quarq d1 with dfour power meter with 105 rings. I know this doesn't help you but did you follow the shimano manual for setup?

Agent041

by Agent041

95s10nj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:30 pm

I just built up a scott addicrt gravel with 105 di2 50/34 with 11-36 casette and was able to get the derailluer mounted and adjusted great. The crank is a quarq d1 with dfour power meter with 105 rings. I know this doesn't help you but did you follow the shimano manual for setup?
Yes, rhe installation was correct. Not even bike shop could do it differently. I now have ordered some washers / spacers for the crank, to get the crank about 1mm more out.

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

Agent041 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:36 am
95s10nj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:30 pm

Yes, rhe installation was correct. Not even bike shop could do it differently. I now have ordered some washers / spacers for the crank, to get the crank about 1mm more out.
Thats really odd. My 105 di2 front derailleur has plenty of clearance for 34-36 combo.

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

Here's my build. Started with a 2023 Scott Addict Gravel 30 Model and stripped it down to the frame and built it back up with 105 di2. A few parts I didn't weigh so I used advertised weight. My luggage scale says 20.2 lbs.

Agent041

by Agent041

Nice build.

Regarding the FD. In bike shop they suspect that the shifter housing is holding the derailleur away for the frame and therefore one cannot set the low limit screw closer to the frame. They had the same problem on another bike for another customer. It was on Scott Addict (non RC).

Strangly my friend has the same bike. One size smaller (size M). Received one week later. And he has no problems. But he received the bike with GRX600 crank. Mine came with Praxis Alba. But both cranks have the same chainline.

TLa

by TLa

gofasterstripes wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:39 pm

Thanks.

I'm running 50-34, enough to go 60kph (in a sprint) with the 11-34 cassette.
The front derailleur can't go up much higher so don't know if a 52-36 will be possible.

It has been updated with some nice carbon wheels

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

Nice driveway :)

I dont suppose you'd be able to take a pic of the available adjustment for the FD?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com