Chinese Open Mold Gravel / CX Bikes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ooo

by ooo

new frame, flat mount, 12x100 front, fork with internal routing

Yishun LCG010-D

'

bumpkin

by bumpkin

Where does one in the USA actually by Yishun products?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pete611

by Pete611

Has anyone had any experience with this frame?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/606826617 ... ifications

LeDuke

by LeDuke

bumpkin wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm
Where does one in the USA actually by Yishun products?
On their website. They then ship your purchase to your abode.

buffalob

by buffalob

Huh, that frameset has pretty much everything I'm looking for: Wide tire clearance, frame/fender mounts, etc. The only bummer is that seatpost clamp wedge makes me nervous. If it breaks I wonder how hard it is to find a replacement...
Pete611 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 am
Has anyone had any experience with this frame?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/606826617 ... ifications

drider85

by drider85

Mine had rear fender mounts but none for the fork. Which I found a bit odd but has been fine for my purposes.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

b5000

by b5000

ndbike,

decided against it. I really thought it could be built into a really fun bike (and def can be) but then realized it was just too much of a selfish middle age dude indulgence at this point. I have a great CX bike (BH RX Team) that is enough for now..

Though a friend did get this frame and I can confirm its based on the 3T exploro (cough: very close copy of exploro).. additionally it improves on the problematic seatpost mech of the 3T). will get take some photos next time I see it)

ndbike wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:25 am
b5000 wrote:Hi out there -

Anyone have any experience with this frame: https://imgur.com/a/RNUQv

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thru-Axle-Carbo ... 3153129194

Anyone who is familiar with this design should know what its "based" on. (3T Exploro)

It looks like they have simplified the seat post securing method that was a big gripe on the reviews of the original frame. Also the rear dropout has an option to convert it back and forth between QR and TA. It looks like the only thing different in the TA and QR versions are the front forks. Weight is a bit more than the original 1237g vs 1150g (+87g more) - but totally acceptable given the price.

Looks like a fun potential project - just wondering if anyone out there has tried this frame or any similar versions of it.
Have you made any moves on this? I was just looking at this frameset over the weekend and would love to know if anyone has tried it yet. Seems rather new because I can´t find anyone with it in any chinese frame posts in any of the gravel forums.

ndbike

by ndbike

b5000 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:12 am
ndbike,

decided against it. I really thought it could be built into a really fun bike (and def can be) but then realized it was just too much of a selfish middle age dude indulgence at this point. I have a great CX bike (BH RX Team) that is enough for now..

Though a friend did get this frame and I can confirm its based on the 3T exploro (cough: very close copy of exploro).. additionally it improves on the problematic seatpost mech of the 3T). will get take some photos next time I see it)
Well, I ordered one back in November and I've been the victim of XDB's incompetence when it comes to getting stuff through Customs. It's been in Europe since early December, but it just keeps going from place to place as the Customs offices either close the door on them or ask XDB to pay more than they expected to import it. I've opened a dispute with PayPal to try to get my money back. This is ridiculous, it's going on 3 months since I paid and it was shipped from China.

Twowheeler

by Twowheeler

dustinmeyer wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:55 pm
The build is finally finished. I took it out for a quick spin last night and it feels really good. I need to make a tweak to the rear derailleur because it was not running as smoothly as it should in the largest cog. I'm going to make an adjustment to the saddle position and take it out for a group ride tonight. I haven't had a chance to take proper photos, so this will have to do for now.

Very interested in this frame, I've been in touch with Angle Cycles, but they didn't really understand my question. Dustin I see you put a SRAM 1X on this with a 44T chain ring. Do you think there's space for a 46 T? Would the chain stay allow it? Thanks

Twowheeler

by Twowheeler

drider85 wrote:Image

I thinking it is the steed of choice for my SS gravel race. Here it is in its current setup with some WTB Horizons 47

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Any updates for us on this frame, and fork? Ride quality? Has the seat post given you any problems? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Twowheeler

by Twowheeler

Relientk1202 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 9:37 pm
Finalized my build for now...

Weight: roughly 18lbs
Frame: Workswell WCB-R-125 Small
Wheels: Stans Crest rims, DT Swiss Revolution spokes, I9 Road hubs
Tires: Compass Barlow Pass 38mm x 700c
Shifters: SRAM Red Hydro
Brakes: SRAM Red Disc Post Mount with TRP adaptors
Rotors: SRAM Centerline 160
Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival WiFli
Cassette: Shimano 105 11-32
Crank: SRAM Force 50/34
Power Meter: Stage Carbon for SRAM
Pedals: Speedplay Zero with J/L TI spindle
Computer Mount: Form Mount
Computer: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
Saddle: Specialized Romin Evo Pro 143

Can you give us an update on this bike and build? Any issues arrise with the frame or seatpost? What kind of riding have you been doing? Thanks for the feedback. Love the look of the Matt Black and gumwall tires!

drider85

by drider85

After ~2,000 miles of crummy weather and light xc trail use I have had no issues with the frame, fork or the seatpost (suprisingly). Even though I am not a fan of the shape/style of the seatpost I have had no noise or slipping concerns. Both of which I expected. I would have prefered to have a relaceable conventional post for varying offset and lighter options. Quality of the frame has been really good and I have had no low end issues of fitment, bb tollarances, frayed carbon etc.

The geometry of the frame is a bit of a mixed bag (for my odd body type, short with really short legs) The handling characteristics are quite good. I really like the stability and low front end. The relaxed seat tube angle provided a challenge for my fit.

To me much of the off brand and low end carbon frames have similar ride characteristics. Generally smooth and muted. Its hard to decern over the tire width but it came away feeling planted.

Twowheeler

by Twowheeler

Drider thanks again for sharing your experience. Gald to hear that you've had no problems with some decent miles on the bike. I appreciate your observations. I'm a little concerned about he propreietary seatpost myself, but nothing is ever perfect I guess. I had a 2012 Super X (Hi Mod) as well and I agree with your observation of the differing ride characteristics between higher end carbon and the less expensive stuff. I tried the 2013 Super X (less expensive carbon frame) and I got that same sensation of it not being as responsive and snappy, more "muted" as you say. Well, my Super X was for racing so I wanted that snappiness, but this new bike is more for enjoying long rides in the country and some smooth local inner city single track, so the muted feel might make for a more compforatble day in the saddle!

I've ordered the frame from Angle cycle and am waiting patiently until May to get it.

Metaluna

by Metaluna

AJS914 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 pm
Where do you buy Workswell frames? I see the WCB-R-146 on their web site but don't see it for sale anywhere.

They also give little information on their site:

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 5/136.html

Is this the frame that is similar to the Open UP? Will it fit 650B mtb tires?
So has anyone bought one of these? I’m very close to pulling the trigger on one (direct from Workswell) but can’t find any feedback online from anyone who has actually bought one.

Twowheeler

by Twowheeler

Metaluna wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 pm
Where do you buy Workswell frames? I see the WCB-R-146 on their web site but don't see it for sale anywhere.

They also give little information on their site:

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 5/136.html

Is this the frame that is similar to the Open UP? Will it fit 650B mtb tires?
So has anyone bought one of these? I’m very close to pulling the trigger on one (direct from Workswell) but can’t find any feedback online from anyone who has actually bought one.
If you look back in the thread someone mentioned that the Workswell is the same as the Angle cycle frame. The people have built up that frame on this thread.

I haven't looked into it to much but the frames do look identical. It's my understanding that there Chinese companies often have multiple branding for the same factory frames.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com