Ultegra Di2 mech with Shimano clutch

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

Internal custom battery is on the way.
I have 3 bikes with Di2 Ultegra, so modding the external batteries and battery mounts to go internal is the option, as i can't afford to fork out for multiple internal batteries and the required charger and junctions to allow internal charging.

motorapido

by motorapido

First pics of the finished mech, waiting for a new Di2 cable to go internal with my battery as it means pulling the cranks and bottom bracket, with a change to 1 x 10 at the same time. running a 11-34 cassette probably so will need to shorten my chain as well.

battery mod has halved the weight compared to the external one with its mount, and got the weight down to 54grammes.

mech is currently set up with a One up Radr cage, but will test it with a shorter road cage as well and see what works best.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

great !!!
http://eliflap.it/

motorapido

by motorapido

well after a few shake down rides here is the final build,
weighs 7.9 kg so not too bad a weight.

Frame-set,
IPLAY 105D size 54, UD carbon disc frame, BB30, internal hoses & cables, Carbon forks, taper steerer 1 1/2" to 1 1/8",
Seat post, Thomson Elite inline,
Mt Zoom seat post clamp,
Ritchey Carbon Saddle,
Headset, FSA,
Stem, Scott 100mm,
Headset top cap and spacer custom Aluminium,
Bars, Hylix Carbon,
Bar tape Zipp CX corse,

Drive train,
KCNC BB30 adaptor bottom bracket,
FSA SLK chainset with Bionicon B-labs 42 tooth oval narrow wide chainring,
XT pedals,
KMC chain,
XT 11-34 10 speed cassette,
Di2 6770 Ultegra lever blades,
Ultegra 6770 Di2 rear mech,
with increased B tension, long B tension Screw, Custom P knuckle with Shimano Dynasis Clutch internals and OneUp Radr cage,
Internal wired with modified battery pack in seatpost.

Brakes,
Ashima Razor 160mm rotors, with AC reinforcing discs,
Formula RX hydraulic brakes, with modified master cylinders to fit road bars, activated by modified Ultegra Di2 lever blades, with reach adjust.
Custom brake shrouds with Shimano hoods.

Wheels,
American Classic disc hubs with DT swiss RWS axles, 9mm Fr & 10mm Rr.
DT swiss Revolution spokes,
WTB Frequency Team I19 rims, 32 hole.
Schwalbe Racing Ralph 35mm tyres setup tubeless with Stans rim tape valves & fluid.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

jooo

by jooo

Seriously impressive amounts of custom. What does the complete brake/shifter setup weigh. I imagine it's pretty favourable compared to Shimano's offerings?

motorapido

by motorapido

I didn't weigh the brake setup before i fitted it, because the brake lines are internal i had to kinda build it onto the bike.
the fittings at the master cylinder end are Goodridge so at least i can unscrew them to feed the brake line back through the frame.
but guess they should be lighter than Shimano setup.
here's a couple of pics of the brakes uncovered.

the grey section running on top of the bars is part of the carbon fibre brake shroud that forms the brake levers body.

ImageImageImage

boots2000

by boots2000

Will you make a derailleur like this for sale?
Or could I send you a brand new Der for the same mod?

motorapido

by motorapido

if there is interest i can make another set of the plastics and bushes / pivots, let me know if its 6770 10 speed or 6780 11 speed mech you have. The angles and picot points are completely different between the two mechs, i could either do it as a full P knuckle and cage, or let you know what spare parts or mech is best to cannibalise to get the required parts. PM me and let me know where in the world you are and i will work out a price.

Thanks for your interest.