TT Bike Saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

darbydog

by darbydog

Wanted to see if you guy's use the same saddle for your TT bike as your road bike or if you change to a more TT specific saddle. I currently use SLR seats on all my bikes including the TT bike but have thought about going to the SLR TT saddle with a little more pad.
Ride Vellum Cycles

Track Master Deluxe

by Track Master Deluxe

I use a Tune Speedneedle. Just perfect for TT.
Wilier Track Frame ´05 Gerolsteiner Design

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KF

by KF

I use an Arione TRI on the TT bike. I can't sit on an ordinary saddle in the aero position.
- G. Digital K. Loco

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i use a stripped slr(first i just didn't want to buy a new saddle for my tt bike and took the damaged leather cover off, then i realised i like this saddle very much, also with the tt position). last year i started to put a velcro strap onto it so i don't slide that muchon the saddle(i had to put it 6 cm behind bb because with the planet x seatpost, i couldn't do for 5 cm, and because of that i was just sitting on the thin part in the front of the saddle where slipping is more often happening). it destroys skinsuits and bib shorts after a while, but it's really worth it in my eyes.

Kuiper

by Kuiper

I wouldn't go for a "special" saddle where they put "TT" behind the name.
you can better use a Selle Italia Flite or a SLR.

Pantani

by Pantani

I use an SLR on the TT bike - mostly Ariones elsewhere. I find the SLR quite comfortable when sitting on the nose of it.

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Most of the TTs I do are quite short so I've currently got a 125gm Token Pyrotec Carbon saddle on my TT bike. SLR XPs on my road bikes.

Scooter

by Scooter

I would use a Fizik Arione for TT's.
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Scooter wrote:I would use a Fizik Arione for TT's.

A standard Arione saddle is a true catastrophy to mount on a TT bike. The saddle really is that long that you just can't install it within UCI legal position (5cm behind BB). Look at my TT bike and the Arione's position:

The saddle is as far back as it can, and my bike is still UCI illegal !! That is why I will change the saddle on this one.

My team is sponsored by Fi'zi:k and I think they will use the new Pavé on TT bikes. I might try the Aliante carbon braided for my next TT bike. Other option is AX-Lightness Apollo.

Adam

by Adam

Tour and Giro riders don't find it too hard, must just be TT bikes or the angle of yours?

Not many people here have to worry about UCI Rules anyway.

KF

by KF

Kuiper wrote:I wouldn't go for a "special" saddle where they put "TT" behind the name.
you can better use a Selle Italia Flite or a SLR.

Why not? What could possibly be wrong with that? :?:
- G. Digital K. Loco

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Adam wrote:Tour and Giro riders don't find it too hard, must just be TT bikes or the angle of yours?

Not many people here have to worry about UCI Rules anyway.

That's right Adam. But I just wanted to point at that: we had a discussion here before about Ariones on TT bikes, so I thought it's good to know that for certain frames the Arione within UCI rules (of course for those guys who need to obey those rules) might create a problem. :wink:

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

That Litespeed has a very steep seattube angle. If the Arione is not UCI legal in that position, I doubt any other saddle would ?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Cut the nose off the saddle and you will be legal...That's what they do in some cases. You keep the saddle you like and be legal at the same time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

urace4me2

by urace4me2

I had some saddle interface problems last year and I was training really hard for nationals. My stoker told me about a saddle she found, the performance brand TT saddle. She let me try one. Then I bought four! I have never finished a TT without hurting, until now. My PR dropped 3.5 minutes in the 40k, so the saddle didn't seem to cost me any speed but my arse was VERY happy with it. I use it on all my bikes now. Biggest problem is I always think I have a flat?