Hamilton's back!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

Can you guys guess for what team he signed?
Many peoples talk about Tinkoff, which seems the most realistic option for him right now.

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

He should come back good as unlike others such as Millar, he has not stopped riding since his ban started.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

I would say the festina team is his best option. Actually the doping technology he used was more famous on the 1984 US Olympic team. I really don't care what he does now. He never fessed up and admitted anything. Show some sack and just a little personal acountability. At least David Millar admitted to what he did. I have more respect for him racing now that I ever will Hamilton. I am sure Tyler could care less if I respect him or not, but this is the internet and it allows for the free anonymous trashing of people after all.

Sprinter

by Sprinter

I heard it was Deda-TwinBro or the Chinese team Blut Doh Ping.

But maybe it was Stinkoff, I mean Tinkoff.

http://www.geocities.com/veloepododo/Hamilton/acc.html

NS

by NS

Fair enough, Done the crime, done the time. Good luck to him. Not even interested in the moral highground. I'm willing to just let the bloke get on with it and earn a living.

chisa

by chisa

i like tyler and respect him for what he did and hope he has a successful career.

not. :wink:

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Drugs are bad, this rider is bad. Your rider sucks, my rider is clean. Dura Ace is better than Record. Record is for real pros. Zipp wheels will break, Zipps are for training. Yawn.

Sprinter

by Sprinter

NS wrote:Fair enough, Done the crime, done the time. Good luck to him. Not even interested in the moral highground. I'm willing to just let the bloke get on with it and earn a living.

Actually NS, there's quite possibly a few more crimes he hasn't done the time for. And how he can keep that Olympic Gold I'll never know.

Anyway, this is about to turn into another Lance/Basso/Ullrich debate that goes on for 6 pages, so I'm out.

big steve

by big steve

He's been linked to Tinkoff recently, but according to Cycling News its still unconfirmed.

Second article on this page:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... nov13news2

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

If you commit a crime, go prison, get fined or whatever when your sentence is up, you are as innocent as the next man.
Why should cycling be any different?

iubike

by iubike

Awesome, can't wait to see him. Don't really care about the doping thing anymore.

jmg3

by jmg3

Keep it relevant, doping discussion is OT

TH is a weight weenie, both bike and body size
| adiStar Comp 4 |

Mark McM

by Mark McM

evenfasterson wrote:If you commit a crime, go prison, get fined or whatever when your sentence is up, you are as innocent as the next man.

Unless you are a convicted sex offender, in which case you are considered 'guilty' for life.

Regardless of whether you admit your crime and/or do your time, there are still somethings you can't do after a felony conviction. For example, you can't get government security clearance, and in many locales you can't get a permit to carry a conceilled weapon.

So, I maybe the Pro Cycling equavalent is not being about to ride for a ProTour team after a drug sanction?

NS

by NS

Mark McM wrote:
evenfasterson wrote:If you commit a crime, go prison, get fined or whatever when your sentence is up, you are as innocent as the next man.

Unless you are a convicted sex offender, in which case you are considered 'guilty' for life.

Regardless of whether you admit your crime and/or do your time, there are still somethings you can't do after a felony conviction. For example, you can't get government security clearance, and in many locales you can't get a permit to carry a conceilled weapon.

So, I maybe the Pro Cycling equavalent is not being about to ride for a ProTour team after a drug sanction?

Well isnt life a b*tch

Warblade

by Warblade

spookyload wrote:I would say the festina team is his best option. Actually the doping technology he used was more famous on the 1984 US Olympic team. I really don't care what he does now. He never fessed up and admitted anything. Show some sack and just a little personal acountability. At least David Millar admitted to what he did. I have more respect for him racing now that I ever will Hamilton. I am sure Tyler could care less if I respect him or not, but this is the internet and it allows for the free anonymous trashing of people after all.

Guess what? Shit Happens.
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com