Crankset compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kik3sir

by kik3sir

Hello,

I currently have a shimano 105 crankset (52-36) on a Tarmac SL6 and I am looking at second hand offers to get a crankset with a powermeter. I notice a there is a "ring" between the left crankarm and the frame and its written "rotor" and "30 to 24" on it, same on the other side.

I'm having a hard time knowing which one will be compatible with my bike as I really don't know anything about bottom brackets and these kind of stuff.

I only have to make sure it's a 24mm axle and that chainring are 11speed (crankset are 105 but the rest is all 11s ultegra) ?

From what I understood Tarmacs SL6 have BB30 and my lbs sold it to me with an adaptator to fit a shimano crankset, so any 24mm axle crankset will work, but 24mm is the diamater of the axle, what about the lenght to make sure it sticks out enough to put the non drive train crankarm ?

Cheers
Last edited by kik3sir on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toxin

by toxin

Axle lenght shouldn't be a problem with any road crank

SapphireSphinx

by SapphireSphinx

Since your Tarmac SL6 has a BB30 bottom bracket with a Shimano adapter, any crankset with a 24mm axle should fit. As for the axle length, for road bikes like yours, it's typically standardized, so you shouldn't need to worry about it. Just ensure the crankset you're eyeing has 11-speed compatible chainrings. Double-checking the specs before making the purchase is always a good idea, and if you have any doubts, your local bike shop can provide guidance to ensure compatibility.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Any road chainset with a 24 mm axke will fit straight in.

kik3sir

by kik3sir

Thank you guys for your answers! That helps a lot. Have a good one