Campagnolo H11 spider with 12s chainrings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chunchiehyao

by chunchiehyao

Hello everyone,
I am gonna upgrade from 11s to 12s for my road bike. But my h11 crankset is still in good condition. So I am wondering if I can keep it for 12 speed chainring. I got some research about the compatibility of the crankset of H11. But I didn’t find which chainring i should buy. H11 has the 112/145 bcd, so have the record and sr the same. But the the out-rings of record12s between sr12s seem different. Some advice?
Cheers
Junjie

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I'll tell you what I know:
1. You can use an H11 crankset/chainrings with 12 speed mechanical because H11 has 8.0mm between the chainrings, not 7.6mm on the non-H cranks. While the rings may not be exactly the same, I was not able to measure any difference between 11 and 12s. I did use an 11s crankset on 12s, and it worked well, but I have heard other reports that it wasn't as smooth. That might not be an 11s vs 12s issue; it may just be that 12s is better
2. SR12 and R12 inner rings are the same. The outer rings are different because SR12 has that funky spider.
3. I would have expected R12 rings to fit on the H11 cranks, but I haven't done it. Someone else needs to chime in here.

I know you didn't ask for opinions, but I would recommend buying the record 12 crankset and selling the H11.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chunchiehyao

by chunchiehyao

joeyb1000 wrote:I'll tell you what I know:
1. You can use an H11 crankset/chainrings with 12 speed mechanical because H11 has 8.0mm between the chainrings, not 7.6mm on the non-H cranks. While the rings may not be exactly the same, I was not able to measure any difference between 11 and 12s. I did use an 11s crankset on 12s, and it worked well, but I have heard other reports that it wasn't as smooth. That might not be an 11s vs 12s issue; it may just be that 12s is better
2. SR12 and R12 inner rings are the same. The outer rings are different because SR12 has that funky spider.
3. I would have expected R12 rings to fit on the H11 cranks, but I haven't done it. Someone else needs to chime in here.

I know you didn't ask for opinions, but I would recommend buying the record 12 crankset and selling the H11.
Thanks a lot!
It seems to work technically! I am not gonna use the 11s chainring. I had broken a SR front mech before… because of chainsuck.
I think I really need to sell the old group and buy the new one. Am considering……
Cheers

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk