Road Mini Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fatpinarellorider

by fatpinarellorider

naavt wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 pm
fatpinarellorider wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:53 pm
I don't know why you don't just get 2x CO₂ cyclinders and a zefal EZ adapter. :noidea:
If/when I get punctures I never feel like manually pumping up tyres. It's just such a hassle. It's a drag.
Plus you always look a bit like a d!ckhead doing that on the side of the road I always thought/felt.
Agree that co2 is more convenient, but experience tells me that a pump is a safer bet when disaster happens with co2
Well I have never been unlucky enough to run out of cartridges.
But I am not really doing any massively long rides anymore.
You just want to make sure that your rim tape is secure.

I just like to 'reward' myself with cartridges.
The last thing I feel like doing when I get a puncture is pumping up tyres by hand.
It gets me going quicker.

Treptay

by Treptay

bobones wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:23 pm
Topeak Roadie TT Mini is easily the best mini pump I've used. Fits a jersey pocket and inflates quickly compared to others. Ditched my Micro Rocket for this a couple of years ago, and it has never let me down. A couple of my riding buddies had a go with it and were impressed enough to buy their own.

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/produc ... IE-TT-Mini
+1
fairly light, but sturdy. After 5-6 uses it is still as good as new.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frostorama

by frostorama

I carry a Bizman Mini Apogee in my toolkit. It is very small, works well and does not remove valve cores! I would not want to pump high pressures with this pump, but up to 5 bar it is fine. To be honest it is a last resort after using CO2 cartridges, but it has not let me down when I have needed it.

ms6073

by ms6073

da123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:09 pm
I timed the doubleshot inflating a 25 mm GP5000 to 70 psi. Just under 2 minutes. It's also only 83g and 115mm long. Fits in my Castelli mini saddle bag (the smallest one), and into that tiny 0.3l Cannondale bag. Impressed, given the usual 500 strokes and 5 minutes needed by the other mini pumps I've owned.
Curious to know where found one for sale? Of course this appears to be a relatively new item so may not yet be on offer here in the US.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

da123

by da123

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:25 pm
da123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:09 pm
I timed the doubleshot inflating a 25 mm GP5000 to 70 psi. Just under 2 minutes. It's also only 83g and 115mm long. Fits in my Castelli mini saddle bag (the smallest one), and into that tiny 0.3l Cannondale bag. Impressed, given the usual 500 strokes and 5 minutes needed by the other mini pumps I've owned.
Curious to know where found one for sale? Of course this appears to be a relatively new item so may not yet be on offer here in the US.
I got mine off Amazon (UK). I couldn't see it anywhere else in stock.

ill principe

by ill principe

da123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:39 pm
Flasher wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:46 pm
This one works well for me: https://bbbcycling.com/uk_en/bmp-50-samurai

They also have a very smart new one, although I've never used it! https://bbbcycling.com/uk_en/bmp-102-doubleshot
Highly recommend the doubleshot. It is tiny, but will comfortably inflate a road tire to decent pressure much quicker than any other 'micro' (i.e. fits in a jersey pocket or a small saddle bag without being visible) pump that I've ever used (and I've used quite a few).
Will the BBB Doubleshot work with a screw on tube valve extender? Or is the pump nozzle designed to match a presta head?
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

Brabus

by Brabus

Recevied my barbieri nana today - https://r2-bike.com/BARBIERI-Air-Pump-NANA

Tried inflating 2.6" flat mtb tyre, it was an effort but managed to pump it in few minutes, crazy light and small.

da123

by da123

ill principe wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:30 am
da123 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:39 pm
Flasher wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:46 pm
This one works well for me: https://bbbcycling.com/uk_en/bmp-50-samurai

They also have a very smart new one, although I've never used it! https://bbbcycling.com/uk_en/bmp-102-doubleshot
Highly recommend the doubleshot. It is tiny, but will comfortably inflate a road tire to decent pressure much quicker than any other 'micro' (i.e. fits in a jersey pocket or a small saddle bag without being visible) pump that I've ever used (and I've used quite a few).
Will the BBB Doubleshot work with a screw on tube valve extender? Or is the pump nozzle designed to match a presta head?
It is a Presta valve push on design

Prusoli

by Prusoli

Topeak MICRO ROCKET CARBON is by far the lightest (55g) , and reliable. Fixed at my bottle cage it is quite discret. The only down side is the number of stroke to achieve 75 psi. I use it Twice a year max and have it for 9 years. Having 2 CO2 canister is heavier and not as secure (failure, multi flat...). When I do a sportive I sometimes add 1 CO2 canister in my pocket for quickier fix.
That''s my choice for my WW roadbike (6,4 kg with pedals, pomp, saddle bag and garmin mount)
For my gravel bike I prefer lezyne road drive S, besause of the high volume tire. Heavier (86g) but faster, and very reliable too.

Brabus

by Brabus

Prusoli wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:28 pm
Topeak MICRO ROCKET CARBON is by far the lightest (55g) , and reliable. Fixed at my bottle cage it is quite discret. The only down side is the number of stroke to achieve 75 psi. I use it Twice a year max and have it for 9 years. Having 2 CO2 canister is heavier and not as secure (failure, multi flat...). When I do a sportive I sometimes add 1 CO2 canister in my pocket for quickier fix.
That''s my choice for my WW roadbike (6,4 kg with pedals, pomp, saddle bag and garmin mount)
For my gravel bike I prefer lezyne road drive S, besause of the high volume tire. Heavier (86g) but faster, and very reliable too.
Barbieri nana that i linked is 26grams...

da123

by da123

Prusoli wrote:
It's not the lightest. I have a micro rocket carbon, and also a PrestaCycle pump with Co2 head. The PrestaCycle pump is 48 grams, and you can unscrew the head and use that on a Co2 cartridge as an inflator. The head is 12g, so it's a clever combination. Cheaper that the Topeak as well (at least in the UK). Inflation wise it is similar to the carbon. Takes a lot of strokes but gets there in the end. The action stays light at least. It is also shorter than the carbon (about 80mm once you remove the inflator head), so even fits into that tiny Canyon saddle bag that's designed for a TPU tube and a couple of tire levers.

Prusoli

by Prusoli

Brabus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:51 am
Prusoli wrote:
Barbieri nana that i linked is 26grams...
DAmned, I missed that one,
I will consider it,
reliable ?

naavt

by naavt

da123 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:28 pm
ms6073 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:25 pm

I got mine off Amazon (UK). I couldn't see it anywhere else in stock.
Bought mine on r2-bike (Germany). Waiting for it to arrive. First thing I'm going to do is to time the effort needed to inflate my 25 tire to 75 psi

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

bobones wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:23 pm
Topeak Roadie TT Mini is easily the best mini pump I've used. Fits a jersey pocket and inflates quickly compared to others. Ditched my Micro Rocket for this a couple of years ago, and it has never let me down. A couple of my riding buddies had a go with it and were impressed enough to buy their own.

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/produc ... IE-TT-Mini
This is the way. Compact, light, efficient, no silly hoses, stays clean easily.

Gutonobre

by Gutonobre

SYNCROS Boundary 1.5HP Mini-Pump

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com