Bross Zenith

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Kayrehn wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 pm
Anyway out of curiosity I put the bike in the taobao shopping cart and realised that they do not ship it out of China. Image

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Somebody said they order from Panda Buy, which is a middle man for dealing with Taobao to ship out of country.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Maddie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:44 am
Link Bike Studio uploaded a build video. Frame comes in a well thought out package and with Ceramicspeed bearings for both bottom bracket and headset. Bike looks like a rocketship

https://youtu.be/IIPOx_wPmE8?si=AfASVLu-pWam3uuO
I feel like I just came out of a meditation session. That was the most calming bike build video I've ever seen.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

toxin wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:45 pm
Thank you, a bike build vid should always have a weight at the end
And then a wind tunnel test.

toxin

by toxin

Bross have been active again on insta and confirmed they are preparing for overseas market, I'm expecting an official release at taipei next week.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

toxin wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:52 pm
Bross have been active again on insta and confirmed they are preparing for overseas market, I'm expecting an official release at taipei next week.
Just in time to pick one up and build a crit monster.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

RDY wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:58 am
The only truly comfortable fat tubed aero bike is the Madone Gen6. Aeroad to some extent. I rode a Foil briefly ... it didn't feel comfy. S5 was worse still. Some people cite the C2 Koko ... it was the worst of all the above.

People acting surprised that this might not be very comfortable ... what were they expecting? Look at the rear triangle and fork / headtube. It's going to be really stiff. Probably not much different than SystemSix.

What tires does it fit though? And it looks like it's retained the reversible seatpost, which is definitely a good feature if you need to reduce reach or favor a forward position on the bike.
To be honest, i doubt anyone will find this bike comfortable. My guess this is why we actually see the semi-aero bikes. Both the sluggishness and the lack of comfort has driven this ideal. Even Jonas Vingegaard expressed how he favours R5 over S5 and also 40mm deep wheels (rims).

Going back to S5, i think this is partly why they made it accept such wide tires, to compensate for the lack of "give". If they would design some comfort features into S5, it would gain even more weight. However, i really hope they atleast rework the seatpost. For a common rider, fatigue is a kill-blow. Maybe to such extent that during a longer route, it makes you slower.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Broady

by Broady

They just did a collab with WIll Bryant, pretty cool
Attachments
bross.png
bross.png (150.67 KiB) Viewed 1461 times

RDY

by RDY

Broady wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:25 pm
It all looks good(ish) except the huge goofy emote on the head tube ... just why.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:58 pm
RDY wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:58 am
The only truly comfortable fat tubed aero bike is the Madone Gen6. Aeroad to some extent. I rode a Foil briefly ... it didn't feel comfy. S5 was worse still. Some people cite the C2 Koko ... it was the worst of all the above.

People acting surprised that this might not be very comfortable ... what were they expecting? Look at the rear triangle and fork / headtube. It's going to be really stiff. Probably not much different than SystemSix.

What tires does it fit though? And it looks like it's retained the reversible seatpost, which is definitely a good feature if you need to reduce reach or favor a forward position on the bike.
To be honest, i doubt anyone will find this bike comfortable. My guess this is why we actually see the semi-aero bikes. Both the sluggishness and the lack of comfort has driven this ideal. Even Jonas Vingegaard expressed how he favours R5 over S5 and also 40mm deep wheels (rims).

Going back to S5, i think this is partly why they made it accept such wide tires, to compensate for the lack of "give". If they would design some comfort features into S5, it would gain even more weight. However, i really hope they atleast rework the seatpost. For a common rider, fatigue is a kill-blow. Maybe to such extent that during a longer route, it makes you slower.
You haven't felt fatigue until you've ridden a bike with Tannus tires. Anything is a silk rug in comparison

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Broady wrote:
Jesus, looks like a kids bike!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Broady wrote:
I'd ride it. Looks pretty sweet.

toxin

by toxin

I am slowly getting tired of waiting on any availability info on this thing

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

That kind of artwork usually involves a lot of decal coverage. Combined with a white base, it probably weighs a ton.

Ciclisti

by Ciclisti

We are delighted to let you know that there is finally an overseas distributor/dealer for BROSS Bikes.
CICLISTI will be offering and distributing the BROSS ZENITH (Plume) frame and bikes to Europe, UK and US, covering all duties and shipping costs.

The new website www.ciclisti.cc will be launching in the coming weeks making the order process easier but in the meantime you can contact us already on info@ciclisti.cc should you be interested in the ZENITH or have any questions.

For the moment there is already availability on the frame so you could be on this affordable dreambike sooner than you think 😄!!
Attachments
IMG_1544.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg
IMG_1539.jpeg
IMG_1538.jpeg
IMG_1537.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Ciclisti wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:37 am
We are delighted to let you know that there is finally an overseas distributor/dealer for BROSS Bikes.
CICLISTI will be offering and distributing the BROSS ZENITH (Plume) frame and bikes to Europe, UK and US, covering all duties and shipping costs.

The new website www.ciclisti.cc will be launching in the coming weeks making the order process easier but in the meantime you can contact us already on info@ciclisti.cc should you be interested in the ZENITH or have any questions.

For the moment there is already availability on the frame so you could be on this affordable dreambike sooner than you think 😄!!
Is the raw finish one with removable decals so we can paint it easily?