Campagnolo Super Record Wireless - Real World Experience

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rollinslow

by rollinslow

fogman wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:28 am
Curious if the new wireless cassette and chainring options are compatible with EPS 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cassette: No, because of the 10T. The derailleur won't be able to handle this.

Crankset: Yes, you can run the new crank based on reports I believe with mechanical 12s. With EPS, I wonder if the front derailleur will be able to shift outboard enough given that the chainline is significnatly wider.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

rollinslow wrote: Cassette: No, because of the 10T. The derailleur won't be able to handle this.
How do you figure that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rollinslow

by rollinslow

ultimobici wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:15 pm
rollinslow wrote: Cassette: No, because of the 10T. The derailleur won't be able to handle this.
How do you figure that?

I believe the RD will hit the frame/chainstay on the 10T or something like that. Campy had addressed this when they acknowledged the FD should work however.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

solarider

by solarider

A few weeks in now. How is the groupset performing? Any other early adopters on here got any views?

solarider

by solarider

How's it going a few weeks in? Any other early adopters on here with views?

solarider

by solarider

Apologies, duplicate post.

Hope the groupset is working out. I guess all of the top groupsets perform well these days, but any insights having used it for a few weeks now?

Khyber

by Khyber

rollinslow wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:12 pm
ultimobici wrote:
How do you figure that?

I believe the RD will hit the frame/chainstay on the 10T or something like that. Campy had addressed this when they acknowledged the FD should work however.
I've been using chinese XDR cassettes (10-28 and 10-33) on my SR12 EPS Dogma F, with 52/36 chainrings, and I hadn't noticed any issue while in the ten, but I am sure going to go check my bike now. Not saying it's the be all end all answer, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Khyber

by Khyber

Khyber wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:34 pm
rollinslow wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:12 pm
ultimobici wrote:
How do you figure that?

I've been using chinese XDR cassettes (10-28 and 10-33) on my SR12 EPS Dogma F, with 52/36 chainrings, and I hadn't noticed any issue while in the ten, but I am sure going to go check my bike now. Not saying it's the be all end all answer, but figured I'd throw it out there.
Come to think of it, I've used at least one of those cassettes on a Mechanical 12s SR Disc C64, with 50/34 rings, and don't believe I had any issue there either. I'll see if I can get them both on the stand and check clearance (if there is in fact any :noidea: ). I'll post some photos when I do. I've been wanting to get a hold of a new SR cassette to try it also, but don't have one yet.

scb

by scb

solarider wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:22 am
How's it going a few weeks in? Any other early adopters on here with views?
SRW being installed now. Should be ready for maiden ride tomorrow.

scb

by scb

After 2 rides with the SRW, here are some quick reactions/thoughts:

1. IMO looks better in person than in photos. It is beautifully finished and machined, and size and shape is a non-issue for me.
2. Brakes are superb and very quiet from the git go. Significantly more feel and quieter than SR EPS and Ekar disc brakes I have on other bikes.
3. I like the new shifting paddles. To me they are intuitive, and it took me all of about 5 minutes to get used to them.
4. Shifting is very fast and feels solid and reliable.

That's it for now. More to come as I get more rides in

octav

by octav

Thanks for the insight, share more :)

GaBa

by GaBa

scb wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:35 am
After 2 rides with the SRW, here are some quick reactions/thoughts:

1. IMO looks better in person than in photos. It is beautifully finished and machined, and size and shape is a non-issue for me.
2. Brakes are superb and very quiet from the git go. Significantly more feel and quieter than SR EPS and Ekar disc brakes I have on other bikes.
3. I like the new shifting paddles. To me they are intuitive, and it took me all of about 5 minutes to get used to them.
4. Shifting is very fast and feels solid and reliable.

That's it for now. More to come as I get more rides in
How do you find the reach of the hoods? They seem longer, especially when comparing them to 11s mech.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I know someone who just installed the groupset and when he connects with MyCampy 3.0, the rear derailleur battery level is not showing in the app. The other components are fine. Battery is correctly installed and derailleur working fine. Anyone experienced the same problem?
██

ferrarista

by ferrarista

For some reason all is working fine today. There was an update for the rear derailleur. He did it, reconnected and all is working fine now. Battery level is showing for the rear derailleur.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

fogman wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:28 am
Curious if the new wireless cassette and chainring options are compatible with EPS 12.

Yes it is compatible. It is written in the FAQ in the documentation section of Campagnolo's website.

You can use the wireless cassettes with N3W freehub body on EPS 12 and 12 speed mechanical groups.

Same thing with the cranksets.

You can also use the 11-29 Super Record 12 and Chorus 12 cassettes with wireless groupset. 11-32 and 11-34 is not compatible according to Campagnolo.
██