Campagnolo Super Record Wireless - Real World Experience

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

ParisCarbon wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:17 pm
ccie6872 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:24 pm
Yoln wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:57 pm
ccie6872 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:26 pm
Has anyone seen 3P Power Meters?
What's 3p?
third party.. e.g. stages, SRM, etc..
Ag2R has been running the P2Max with their wireless.. whether its 100% compatible or not is another story... other people have stated on here they have used previous cranksets with 52 and 53T rings without issues... With Campagnolo developing their own PM, I have to wonder if them supplying the crank arms to SRM and P2Max is going to be coming to an end...
AG2R had modified FDs to allow positioning of the FD high enough to clear the bigger chainrings.
I keep saying it ... don't use what the teams do as an indication, the kit they get at WT level may not be the standard material ...
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

Super positive review in road.cc published today.

https://road.cc/content/review/campagno ... ess-305625

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

Miller wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:39 pm

LOL. What a disaster!
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

satanas

by satanas

^ :beerchug:

If I'm reading the Campag FAQs correctly, they're saying that any 12 speed RD except SRW is compatible with any/all of the their 12 speed cassettes, from 10-25 up to 11-34. SRW however is officially compatible only with 10-25/27/29 and 11-29, but I thought I'd seen somewhere earlier that 11-32 might work "in theory."

My other unanswered question is whether the 45x29 crankset will work okay with non-SRW FDs. Presumably it should provided the FD can be mounted low enough, unless there's something weird about the SRW chainline or whatever.

BCEXP

by BCEXP

Huge Campy fan here. I own two 11 speed mech. bikes. I am super interested in the SRW group and did a little deep diving. One thing that I found really cool is that if the rear battery dies while on a ride, you can physically move the rear derailluer into whatever gear you want to get you home, and it causes no damage to it. I found that to be very cool. As time goes by, I think there are hidden gems in this group that will be found, along with future expansion of it's capabilities. Far too many dunked on it without ever even seeing it in person.

PeanutButterCups

by PeanutButterCups

I have no issues with the looks, I'm unsure of compatibility but if the price does eventually drop I would happily just buy the shifters, derailleurs etc and merge with other product be it Campagnolo or other brands.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

satanas wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:10 am
^ :beerchug:

If I'm reading the Campag FAQs correctly, they're saying that any 12 speed RD except SRW is compatible with any/all of the their 12 speed cassettes, from 10-25 up to 11-34. SRW however is officially compatible only with 10-25/27/29 and 11-29, but I thought I'd seen somewhere earlier that 11-32 might work "in theory."

My other unanswered question is whether the 45x29 crankset will work okay with non-SRW FDs. Presumably it should provided the FD can be mounted low enough, unless there's something weird about the SRW chainline or whatever.
If you check page 3 of this document you should be able to do some calculations and see of that combo will work..
https://support.campagnolo.com/media/fi ... 19_ENG.pdf

The WRL front derailleur has its mouting position bolt 7.3 mm higher than the EPS FD which effectively allows it to be positioned lower...on same frames you can't get the FD up high enough on the braze on mount to let the FD outer cage clear a larger chaniring combo (like 53/39) I did some math on my Venge and a 53 tooth ring with WRL would be scraping the top of the 53 with zero clearance, Id guess a 52 might barely clear....

tiberiade

by tiberiade

Currently running a SR 12s mechanical 52x36 with 11-34 cassette. Would I be able to use SRW 45x29 crankset with the new 10-29 cassette? Thanks!

Sin2000

by Sin2000

tiberiade wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:56 pm
Currently running a SR 12s mechanical 52x36 with 11-34 cassette. Would I be able to use SRW 45x29 crankset with the new 10-29 cassette? Thanks!
I'm interested in this too. I like the WRL gear ratios, but want to stay mechanical.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

tiberiade wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:56 pm
Current documentation states the WRL crank is compatible with the groupset only...

But for poops and giggles, you can check out this document
https://support.campagnolo.com/media/fi ... 19_ENG.pdf

Read up on page 3 about the "L" dimension.. compare to the charts and you will see if your FD can even get low enough to fit... the WRL derailleur mounting position is about 7mm higher than the EPS front derailleur on the frame, this is the snag for WRL users wanting to use a larger chainring as the outer plate will possibly contact the large ring (this all comes down to bike specifics on the FD hangar mount.. SRAM provides a dual drilled FD if you go larger rings to accomodate) I know some people have done it, someone of facebook told me they are running a 53 ring with UT crank , but if they needed 1 more mm of space it wouldnt have worked... )

If it does work, you will need to run the protech BB cups as well.. the WRL crank is not UT compatible

As for the 10-29 Ive asked about this, and once again was told it all depends on frame dimension, and getting the jockey wheels in the proper position... also be aware the blocks are N3W only so you need N3W compatible freehub...

Doesnt seem like a friendly backwards compatible setup to me right now!!

dpeka

by dpeka

If the issue is front derailleur up/down range, perhaps this could help: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195411095003 ... HkQAvD_BwE

Basically, it "extends" the FD tab lower. If you have a round seat tube, you can just get a FD clamp-on mount and set it to the right height.

dpeka

by dpeka

The name of the product I linked to is "bikinGreen 46/30t chainring front derailleur adapter for Di2"

Ol3Tarmac

by Ol3Tarmac

fogman wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:04 pm
Are the new 12 Speed C-Links (quick link) available yet? I am only seeing the 13 Speed Ekar C-Links as currently available to purchase.

https://www.campagnolo.com/us-en/super- ... DB12S.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would abe lso interessted in this question. I couldn't found any offer for the new 12s chain.

In addition, does an Ekar chain work with the groupset? I ve heard that the measurements on the Ekar drivetrain are completely different.

Ol3Tarmac

by Ol3Tarmac

keaton wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:42 pm
Thanks for all the feedback!

-As I said before, I have about medium-sized hands (I wear medium gloves? lol) And I will honestly say, I do wish the bottom shift a hair higher, one to two millimeters. Again, perhaps as I ride this more maybe I will adapt, I say this because it is SO close to working perfectly for me. The hoods are very comfortable, I have only done shorter rides so far on this group, hoping to get some really good miles this weekend, if the weather stays nice.

-In my experience, WRL is superior to axs, and equal to di2. But as all high-end groupsets go, they are all good, and a lot comes down to preference.

-You Can customize the shift buttons, I have not played with this at all

-I will click both buttons on my next ride and see what happens, the buttons are sensitive, and I assume whichever one you push a fraction of a second first will deliver the shift.

-Setting up: Our suggestion is to pair all of the parts before mounting to the frame, and follow the pairing order provided in Campagnolo PDF.

-Some videos of the shifting is a good idea, I am out of town riding this weekend, but if I can get to the shop and secure our V4 group I can maybe make this happen. Do people think stand shifting videos would be beneficial?

-Will be mounting a 53/39 crank soon lol I will provide feedback on that as well. Do I dare leave the 10/25 cassette on? :P

Frame is https://www.thepoggio.com/ custom dedacciai scandium - made in italy

looking forward to others thoughts as groups hit the wild, I saw black smith cycle has one, perhaps they are on the board?
One function which im missing so far is the integration of an bike computer by using the new "mode/action button" on the shifters. I read this on serverall publications about the new groupset. Moreover, so far i havent seen any option programm these buttons.

Am i missing something, or has this feature not yet been integrated in the firmware?

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Miller wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:39 pm

Don't they do paid reviews?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com