Enve 1 Piece Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

proffate wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:38 pm
itsacarr wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:23 pm
Seems like a huge size run as well
there are 4 stems and 5 bars that they manufacture then glue together.

no monocoque here.
Explains the heavy weight. But also to me, seems like it would cut down on manufacturing time and cost. But obviously not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mfa81

by mfa81

Tifosiphil wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:17 pm
keno190 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:57 pm
Tifosiphil wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:38 pm
They've launched with outrageous pricing (£1300) and the option of 20 sizes + custom sizing but still didn't put down anywhere if they measure these bars at the hoods or the drops :noidea:
Is this not what you mean? It was on the product specs tab on the page?
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 7.56.20 AM.png
Exactly that. Should have checked with Enve as I only looked at the UK distributor's page :beerchug:
their AR bars is measured at the hood while the sizing for the Aero is measured at the drops

CJosephB

by CJosephB

Damn.... $1200 macaroons! Can't wait for 50% off later in the holiday season. :D

kode54

by kode54

Aren’t these one piece bars handmade in Ogden? If that’s the case, order comes in and it gets put into queue. Maybe eventually, they produce a mass version like they did with the Melee. Like custom Melees made to order.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

keaton

by keaton

Pardon my ignorance, but I am genuinely curious. What's the appeal of this bar vs a EXS or Farsports?

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

keaton wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:14 pm
Pardon my ignorance, but I am genuinely curious. What's the appeal of this bar vs a EXS or Farsports?
It says ENVE on it.

pmprego

by pmprego

BikeTyson wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:01 pm
proffate wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:38 pm
itsacarr wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:23 pm
Seems like a huge size run as well
there are 4 stems and 5 bars that they manufacture then glue together.

no monocoque here.
Explains the heavy weight. But also to me, seems like it would cut down on manufacturing time and cost. But obviously not.
If they are produced in us, they have us manufacturing costs. If they are produced in chine, they have Chinese manufacturing costs. They are a world apart (literally and financially). I don't see the big deal.

QrsTuvwxyz

by QrsTuvwxyz

szazbo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:15 am
Here are some better photos. These are 42's and measure 42 on the outside of the hoods and 50 on the outside of the drops. The tops taper 5mm from the stem to the ends.
This goes way back but can you post a side view of the cockpit on top of the spacers? Wondering how the oversized spacer interface looks on top of a standard-sized spacer stack (especially front-to-back).

morrisond

by morrisond

So does anyone know when the Road Aero version is coming?

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

QrsTuvwxyz wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:52 am
This goes way back but can you post a side view of the cockpit on top of the spacers? Wondering how the oversized spacer interface looks on top of a standard-sized spacer stack (especially front-to-back).
Google it. It's exactly the same cockpit used on the Enve Custom and a number of other bespoke frames e.g Mosaic.

QrsTuvwxyz

by QrsTuvwxyz

I know how it looks with the standard setup - I was wondering how the oversized base of the stem (due to the routing holes) looks when sitting on top of standard round spacers for external routing. I was contemplating getting one of these for a non-internally routed bike, but thought it might look weird in that configuration.

mfa81

by mfa81

Not exactly one piece but seems to be a good place to ask this

This is new to be, I didn’t know you could use a spacer on top of your stem, does that used the compression plug/top cap they have on their website without the “hidden” compression plug? I’m a bit puzzles on how exactly do you apply preload on the single piece top cap / compression plug

https://enve.com/products/fork-compression-plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I think you are getting confused between 2 stems, the aero stem and the in route stem. The aero stem has the adjustable angle thing, this one does not

mfa81

by mfa81

robbosmans wrote:I think you are getting confused between 2 stems, the aero stem and the in route stem. The aero stem has the adjustable angle thing, this one does not
I get that this is the in-route, my question was more towards the fact that seems like you could test different stack heights on your in-route cockpit to a certain degree without the need to a full re-bleed assuming you can remove the stem and cut the fork

you can potentially change your stack height on a MOG depending on the terrain you are riding if you end up riding/racing on vastly different terrain during the year

This is the first time I see a spacer on top of the in-route stem

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

keno190

by keno190

mfa81 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:31 pm
Not exactly one piece but seems to be a good place to ask this

This is new to be, I didn’t know you could use a spacer on top of your stem, does that used the compression plug/top cap they have on their website without the “hidden” compression plug? I’m a bit puzzles on how exactly do you apply preload on the single piece top cap / compression plug

https://enve.com/products/fork-compression-plug

tons of world tour teams do that to ensure riders are happy with their position. even more so coming from a different bike compared to last season as in the case with the TDE team.
You can just use a regular circle top cap with the fork steerer to get pre-load. It won't look pretty though considering the stem has a weird cover for the top cap and will have a different texture.