Enve 1 Piece Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

keno190

by keno190

spud wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:38 pm
I truly wonder how they came up with the price. Is it cost + markup, or is it "what the market will bear"? In either case, it takes some doing to shade Pinarello/Most, but by god they've done it.
Probably the made in usa tax plus absurd tooling costs for a knowingly small/niche market.

Jz91

by Jz91

That's what I was saying a few posts back: do people really care where it's made?

They closed themselves to a niche when they could have served a much larger market simply by being more aligned to their current bars pricing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

I suspect the parts are made overseas and then just assembled here. Is that not how they build the Custom Road?

I'm within a hairs breath of buying a bike today and having to choose between this or the In-Route Aero Stem and Aero Bar at 62.5 cents on the Dollar. I'm pretty sure I know which way i'm going to go...

ichobi

by ichobi

Well, now they have to fund a whole Pro Continental team (TotalEnergies). Guess that's where your money goes when you buy it, or at least part of it. It''s not custom. It's not super light. It may be slightly prettier than other offerings. Made in USA? May be and why would anyone care if we are honest. It sure as s*it not 2x the closet competitor.

Jz91

by Jz91

ichobi wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:56 pm
Well, now they have to fund a whole Pro Continental team (TotalEnergies). Guess that's where your money goes when you buy it, or at least part of it. It''s not custom. It's not super light. It may be slightly prettier than other offerings. Made in USA? May be and why would anyone care if we are honest. It sure as s*it not 2x the closet competitor.
Agree, plus what a waste of funds funding Total energie LOL.

Someone please tell them to make the next bar in china.

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

morrisond wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:49 pm
I suspect the parts are made overseas and then just assembled here. Is that not how they build the Custom Road?
Every single part of these bars and the Custom Road are made in house at the Enve factory. Even the Melee prototypes were built there.

spartacus

by spartacus

Who the F is buying the 46? Flared to 50+ at the drops?? Lord have mercy. And the narrowest one isn't narrow at all and is flared to 43??. What a joke.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Its an All Road bar after all, the aero one will be narrower

nunokas

by nunokas

The only advantage over a EXS aerover is the life time warranty... Can you see something more besides the branding?

itsacarr

by itsacarr

No justification on price here - just noting I find those ENVE bars very comfortably shaped. Haven't seen the EXS bars in person but they look nice as well but I do like ENVE bar shapes. Seems like a huge size run as well so I can only assume there is a cost associated with that. Will be interesting to see the specs on the aero version.
Just ride ..

spartacus

by spartacus

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:29 pm
Its an All Road bar after all, the aero one will be narrower
Must have missed that they are gravel bars since I was blinded by the whole they're the same as Pogacars bars crap

kppolich

by kppolich

Jeeesh had to make sure my $$ units were in USD and not something else. That's a crazy price even for Enve.

proffate

by proffate

spud wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:38 pm
I truly wonder how they came up with the price. Is it cost + markup, or is it "what the market will bear"? In either case, it takes some doing to shade Pinarello/Most, but by god they've done it.
They took the price of their competition and added the expense of sponsoring Teddy and fam, divided by the 100 master gravel diehards who will buy this product.

proffate

by proffate

itsacarr wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:23 pm
Seems like a huge size run as well
there are 4 stems and 5 bars that they manufacture then glue together.

no monocoque here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Good point.
Just ride ..