Roval Rapide Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spenso

by spenso

Anyone seen any 380/90 available recently? In Europe ideally but could probably pick one up on a USA work trip if they'd send by post.

Sander7721

by Sander7721

spenso wrote:Anyone seen any 380/90 available recently? In Europe ideally but could probably pick one up on a USA work trip if they'd send by post.
Spain

https://www.fernandotorresprobikes.com/ ... loss_black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sander7721

by Sander7721

Sander7721 wrote:
spenso wrote:Anyone seen any 380/90 available recently? In Europe ideally but could probably pick one up on a USA work trip if they'd send by post.
Spain

https://www.fernandotorresprobikes.com/ ... loss_black

Or UK

https://www.specializedconceptstore.co. ... 53/option/

SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

Sander7721

by Sander7721

Or UK

https://www.specializedconceptstore.co. ... 53/option/

SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

cooper58

by cooper58

Sander7721 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:18 pm
cooper58 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:16 pm
Received my forged carbon fiber top cap from Thailand (Instagram > specialized_townintown).
Whats is your thoughts on this cap?
Had on shipped to the UK in 3K carbon last year and paired it with an Extralite Bolt
I'm happy with it. I also have the Extralite bolt and after seeing it is the same weight as the provided Titanium bolt I'm going to user the provided Titanium bolt first. It sits below the topcap unlike the OEM bolt and cap.

squiresm

by squiresm

Hey guys, I’m looking to build an SL8 with Roval cockpit and would appreciate any advice. First time with a Specialized bike so I’m a bit unsure with sizing.

Currently I ride a size 56 Emonda with a 90x400 integrated Bontrager cockpit. If I were to build a 56 SL8 with the Roval bars, any views on whether the same size bar and stem would be suitable? I’m aware the bar reach on the Roval differs vs the Bontrager, so wasn’t sure if a longer stem would be advisable.

I visited my local Specialized shop to get their input which was basically that the two brands are the same in terms of size and therefore I should just keep the same measurements, but they didn’t fill me with confidence so I’d appreciate any other views!

LeMillion

by LeMillion

squiresm wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 pm
Hey guys, I’m looking to build an SL8 with Roval cockpit and would appreciate any advice. First time with a Specialized bike so I’m a bit unsure with sizing.

Currently I ride a size 56 Emonda with a 90x400 integrated Bontrager cockpit. If I were to build a 56 SL8 with the Roval bars, any views on whether the same size bar and stem would be suitable? I’m aware the bar reach on the Roval differs vs the Bontrager, so wasn’t sure if a longer stem would be advisable.

I visited my local Specialized shop to get their input which was basically that the two brands are the same in terms of size and therefore I should just keep the same measurements, but they didn’t fill me with confidence so I’d appreciate any other views!
I would use geometry geeks to see if there is a difference in the effective top tube between both bikes. Then add the stem length to the emonda and see if you need to add/subtract with the Roval cockpit size.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

squiresm wrote:Hey guys, I’m looking to build an SL8 with Roval cockpit and would appreciate any advice. First time with a Specialized bike so I’m a bit unsure with sizing.

Not sure if it applies to integrated, but some Bontrager bars have 100mm reach. Way more than most competitors so take that into account if needed fit wise.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Sander7721

by Sander7721

squiresm wrote:Hey guys, I’m looking to build an SL8 with Roval cockpit and would appreciate any advice. First time with a Specialized bike so I’m a bit unsure with sizing.

I cannot see there being much difference myself.
How does the frame geometry compare though

https://bikeinsights.com

Use this site stick on the geo of the frames and it overlays them

Might need slightly different bars of there is a huge difference in frame geo

SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

Sander7721

by Sander7721

cooper58 wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:
cooper58 wrote:
Received my forged carbon fiber top cap from Thailand (Instagram > specialized_townintown).
Had on shipped to the UK in 3K carbon last year and paired it with an Extralite Bolt
I'm happy with it. I also have the Extralite bolt and after seeing it is the same weight as the provided Titanium bolt I'm going to user the provided Titanium bolt first. It sits below the topcap unlike the OEM bolt and cap.
To be honest the novelty of the Carbon Top cap has worn off for me.
I’m a going back to the original cap.

Anyone interested in a 3K Carbon top cap for the Rapides DM.
Save a few grams on WW builds!

SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Sander7721 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:40 pm
cooper58 wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:
cooper58 wrote:

Haha, you may as well have two bikes one stupid light and one normal!

Sander7721

by Sander7721

scottydonald wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:
cooper58 wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:

Haha, you may as well have two bikes one stupid light and one normal!
Should do just got tunnel vision when I got the bike and was trying hit sub 6kgs which I did but.
Some of the weight Weenie stuff can compromise on performance and is well more suited to the lighter guys imo.
I’m happy bike is still light and most of all it’s quiet when grinding up a climb out of Saddle.

SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Sander7721 wrote:
cooper58 wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:
cooper58 wrote:

Interested here.

mistermistermayor

by mistermistermayor

https://tipartstitanium.com/products/ti ... 6122344748

anyone used this topcap bolt and know if it sits more flush? looks like it based on their photos, but then again specialized's own pictures don't show the issue so can't be sure. cheaper than the other options I've seen discussed here so curious if it'd solve it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sander7721

by Sander7721

ome rodriguez wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:
cooper58 wrote:
Sander7721 wrote:

Interested here.
Hey Ome message me
I don’t have any photo at the moment as bike is at LBS.

SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0