Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Yes I also have the Roval rapide first generation wheels on the venge.... I absolutely love them, a little deeper than the clx 50s that I had on the venge but same weight and more stable in the wind. The roval rapide cockpit works really well on the venge too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Noro wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:36 pm
Charlie69 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:33 pm
I'm building an sl8 with Dura ace 9170, first time to build a bike from scratch. Should I fit the di2 cables before the hydraulic brake lines?.... just wondering if it's easier to fit either one first , thanks.
Do the brake lines first
Thank you, is it necessary to use the foam churro on the brake line to eliminate rattle noise ? Is everyone using these?

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Charlie69 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 am
Noro wrote:
Charlie69 wrote:
I'm building an sl8 with Dura ace 9170, first time to build a bike from scratch. Should I fit the di2 cables before the hydraulic brake lines?.... just wondering if it's easier to fit either one first , thanks.
Do the brake lines first
Thank you, is it necessary to use the foam churro on the brake line to eliminate rattle noise ? Is everyone using these?
I used it. Why wouldn't you? It weighs next to nothing, and eliminates a potential noise source.

Charlie69

by Charlie69

cyclespeed wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:44 am
Charlie69 wrote:
Noro wrote:
Charlie69 wrote:
Do the brake lines first
I used it. Why wouldn't you? It weighs next to nothing, and eliminates a potential noise source.
Thanks for the reply....it's not that I don't want to use it I just don't have it unfortunately.... I will definitely get some though.

Jaisen

by Jaisen

Charlie69 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:27 pm
cyclespeed wrote:
Charlie69 wrote:
Noro wrote:

Do the brake lines first
Thanks for the reply....it's not that I don't want to use it I just don't have it unfortunately.... I will definitely get some though.
Any LBS will have some and sell it by the foot or meter for a few dollars. Add a little oil or dish soap inside to make it easier to slip on when installing it.

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Jaisen wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:51 pm
Charlie69 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:27 pm
cyclespeed wrote:
Charlie69 wrote:

Any LBS will have some and sell it by the foot or meter for a few dollars. Add a little oil or dish soap inside to make it easier to slip on when installing it.
That's great, thanks for the tip👍

Jz91

by Jz91

Has anyone got a picture of thr ACR adapter?
I was wondering how it visually fits on the frame. Thanks

gdelcast

by gdelcast

Anybody, a question. If I buy an S-works Tarmac SL8 frameset, will it come with a stem, and Roval Rapide cockpit adapters/spacers?

Nickldn

by Nickldn

gdelcast wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:25 pm
Anybody, a question. If I buy an S-works Tarmac SL8 frameset, will it come with a stem, and Roval Rapide cockpit adapters/spacers?
No to the stem and yes to the Roval Rapide spacers with the S-Works frameset. The normal Specialized frameset comes with both the stem and the Roval Rapide spacers.

It's gonna be an issue for S-Works customers seeing as the Roval Rapide integrated bars are out of stock in most sizes until summer.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Am I right to assume that the di2 cable exit port for the front derailleur is behind the derailleur mount? ... and if so do I need to remove the mount completely to to get the cable out?..,,I know I read some people had issues fitting the front derailleur mount so I don't want to remove all the way if it's unnecessary.

parajba

by parajba

Can anybody tell me why it is impossible to find an S Works SL8 frame in stock, let alone the integrated cockpit? Is this a temporary issue? Will there be more stock in October? When is the SL9 expected to come out?

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

parajba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:04 am
Can anybody tell me why it is impossible to find an S Works SL8 frame in stock, let alone the integrated cockpit? Is this a temporary issue? Will there be more stock in October? When is the SL9 expected to come out?
SL9 will be released with TdF. :roll:

On a more serious note, a lot of shops are starting to stock up so it's a matter of time.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

parajba wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:04 am
SL8 was released last year... given Specialized's normal release schedule, it'll be TDF 2026 for the SL9 release.

ill principe

by ill principe

Charlie69 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:25 pm
Am I right to assume that the di2 cable exit port for the front derailleur is behind the derailleur mount? ... and if so do I need to remove the mount completely to to get the cable out?..,,I know I read some people had issues fitting the front derailleur mount so I don't want to remove all the way if it's unnecessary.
Yes, you have to remove the front derailleur hanger completely. But the inner part (inside the frame) that the hanger bolts thread into is held in place by a plastic "snap-in place bit".
The FD hanger on my frame came pre-installed from the factory (frameset) and I could remove the hanger and install cable and the inner part didn´t come loose during the operation.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

ill principe wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:54 pm
Charlie69 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:25 pm
Yes, you have to remove the front derailleur hanger completely. But the inner part (inside the frame) that the hanger bolts thread into is held in place by a plastic "snap-in place bit".
The FD hanger on my frame came pre-installed from the factory (frameset) and I could remove the hanger and install cable and the inner part didn´t come loose during the operation.
True, but be careful, because my inside bit did come loose and fell down to the BB. Getting it back in place was a right SOB.