Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ColonelMustard

by ColonelMustard

forklifter wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm
ColonelMustard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm
Was same for me... I had to go to Cannondale via LBS. Those deep cuts should be warrantied by Cannondale, that's why they released the V3 seatbinder to address this issue with the V2. Cannondale (CSG in UK) sent my LBS a replacement seatpost and new seatbinder and they returned my old ones back to them. Did your LBS try and open a warranty claim with Cannondale?
Thank you. No they didnt. He said it isnt a safety issue and Cannondale doenst offer replacement for it. He said they wouldnt get these parts seperatley, which isnt correct, because I can buy the parts in various web shops. He said they can only sell it with full frameset or bike.
Do you have another Cannondale dealer nearby you could try? Your LBS sound really bad!

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

IMG_2696.jpeg
IMG_2693.jpeg
eins4eins wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:11 am
thanks, doesn't look to bad.

last sentence meant the bearing cover for standard stems. I only received the tall one with my bike, but there seems to be one with lower stack and i assumed it to be 10mm.
Found some pictures where this cover is used with cockpits. Also not as bad as i thought.
Colnago is with EXS Aerover -10 and Cannondale SSE4 with a Momo bar. Colnago and SSE4 are similar in headangle with SSE4 slightly slacker. SSE4 is a 54 and Colnago 52s both almost exactly the same in geometry. Going to try the Aerover EXS cocpit sooner or later
This gives you some reference ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

forklifter

by forklifter

Thanks. Where are you located?

dscottp wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:34 pm
:wink:
forklifter wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:48 pm
Hello, I can not find any contact to Cannondale. They want the customer to talk with lbs.
And no, I have no current issue like a broken seatpost. I have two seatpost with deep cuts in it like there were pictures of it in this thread.

The lbs said they had contact with Cannondale for this issue and Cannondale doenst give binder and seatpost for free to lbs. Dont know is this is true.
Just today, my LBS told me that a new seat post clamp and seat post are en route from Cannondale as a warranty claim. This was just from pictures I sent them yesterday of my grey clamp and deeply gouged post yesterday. Quick and easy process.

forklifter

by forklifter

I will try it again on monday. If they dont want to contact Cannondale maybe he can give me a contact to Cannondale directly. If not, I will try another lbs...

ColonelMustard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 pm
forklifter wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm
ColonelMustard wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm
Was same for me... I had to go to Cannondale via LBS. Those deep cuts should be warrantied by Cannondale, that's why they released the V3 seatbinder to address this issue with the V2. Cannondale (CSG in UK) sent my LBS a replacement seatpost and new seatbinder and they returned my old ones back to them. Did your LBS try and open a warranty claim with Cannondale?
Thank you. No they didnt. He said it isnt a safety issue and Cannondale doenst offer replacement for it. He said they wouldnt get these parts seperatley, which isnt correct, because I can buy the parts in various web shops. He said they can only sell it with full frameset or bike.
Do you have another Cannondale dealer nearby you could try? Your LBS sound really bad!

eins4eins

by eins4eins

thanks for the pictures. Momo is the best looking in my opinion, but even the longest option is too short for me. Aerover is also not ideal, as i prefer more reach from handlebar to lever. Makes holding illegal aero positions much easier.

Another really annoying thing: front brake hose leaves the steerer on the right side. For non-moto brake setup, you need to awkwardly tape the hose around the steerer. Is moto style more common?!

Hexsense

by Hexsense

If you like long reach bar. Trek/Bontrager traditionally make really long reach bars.
Maybe they have something new you'd like?

eins4eins

by eins4eins

They have :) I use bontrager bars on other bikes. But have my eyes set on a clean cockpit solution for the supersix. If both the OG Evkin and Metron don't look right, i will use the bontrager rsl or enve aero bar.

hannawald

by hannawald

I might have some expander issues on current generation Supersix with delta steerer. I tighten the expander to 4Nm, then top cap to 4nm, then Momo bars bolts to 6Nm. After a ride Momo bolts are somewhere at 5.5 Nm. So I retighten them...and it goes like this again and again. When I untighten Momo bars bolts there was something like 1.5Nm on top cap bolt and similar torque on the expander. I think that is the reason I need to tighten the stem bolts again and again. I have quite a new digital torque wrench so I am quite confident about the torques. I put the bike to my lbs but it didn´t help. Do you have any tips for me about the assembly? Should I try isopropyl alcohol inside the steerer and on the expander? Should I put carbon assembly paste inside the steerer? I don´t want to use loctite on the expander bolt as I might have troubles later when water gets in etc... I have seen some glued in expander on pro bikes but I guess I can´t buy that staff...
Thanks everybody for any tips what I can try.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

eins4eins wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:28 pm
thanks for the pictures. Momo is the best looking in my opinion, but even the longest option is too short for me. Aerover is also not ideal, as i prefer more reach from handlebar to lever. Makes holding illegal aero positions much easier.

Another really annoying thing: front brake hose leaves the steerer on the right side. For non-moto brake setup, you need to awkwardly tape the hose around the steerer. Is moto style more common?!
It's of course preference but I hardly see any issue with a bit shorter reach. What's actually giving issues with a bit shorter reach ? Contrary to a too long reach

dscottp

by dscottp

Has anybody found a suitable touchup paint for the Viper Green. Love the color, but I've picked up a couple of chips in the paint that are more noticable than I'd like.
Attachments
1000006452.jpg

johnpuga1982

by johnpuga1982

hannawald wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:40 pm
I might have some expander issues on current generation Supersix with delta steerer. I tighten the expander to 4Nm, then top cap to 4nm, then Momo bars bolts to 6Nm. After a ride Momo bolts are somewhere at 5.5 Nm. So I retighten them...and it goes like this again and again. When I untighten Momo bars bolts there was something like 1.5Nm on top cap bolt and similar torque on the expander. I think that is the reason I need to tighten the stem bolts again and again. I have quite a new digital torque wrench so I am quite confident about the torques. I put the bike to my lbs but it didn´t help. Do you have any tips for me about the assembly? Should I try isopropyl alcohol inside the steerer and on the expander? Should I put carbon assembly paste inside the steerer? I don´t want to use loctite on the expander bolt as I might have troubles later when water gets in etc... I have seen some glued in expander on pro bikes but I guess I can´t buy that staff...
What color Delta filler pieces are you using?

hannawald

by hannawald

Cannondale doesn´t offer touch up paints. So you probably need to find some paint shop if they have something similar for cars (I doubt that) or contact a bike painter/carbon repairers have also contacts.

hannawald

by hannawald

johnpuga1982 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 pm
hannawald wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:40 pm
What color Delta filler pieces are you using?
the purple ones (those for Momo bars). I just think the expander doesn´t hold that 4Nm torque during the ride and that´s why the stem bolts torque decrease as well...I don´t have a headset play issue I think.

hannawald

by hannawald

I tighten the expander to 4Nm, then top cap to 4Nm, then I release top cap and expander bolt is only 3Nm. Is that normal?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobbyB

by BobbyB

hannawald wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:34 pm
I tighten the expander to 4Nm, then top cap to 4Nm, then I release top cap and expander bolt is only 3Nm. Is that normal?
Might be the top cap bolt binding sighting to the expander bolt thread, so when you release the top cap it's also releasing the expander bolt a little too.

I had the issue (more than once) of top cap bolt binding (fully!) to the expander bolt thread. It doesn't seem like a great design to me.