*NEW GEN* SRAM Force Groupset March 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

magnusss wrote:As road season is coming to and end, will we see a new direct mount drive train on Jumbo Vismas (and maybe Trek’s) cyclocross bikes when the CX-season starts? The new Santa Cruz Stigmata is already using UDH so I’m guessing there is a big chance Cervelos CX-bikes also will get it in the next generation.
Doubtful. While both are owned by Pon, they are separate companies. They don’t share any staff or tech by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

magnusss

by magnusss

ultimobici wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:54 am
magnusss wrote:As road season is coming to and end, will we see a new direct mount drive train on Jumbo Vismas (and maybe Trek’s) cyclocross bikes when the CX-season starts? The new Santa Cruz Stigmata is already using UDH so I’m guessing there is a big chance Cervelos CX-bikes also will get it in the next generation.
Doubtful. While both are owned by Pon, they are separate companies. They don’t share any staff or tech by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Santa Cruz Blur and Cervelo ZFS-5 have a lot in common, so I don’t see why their CX/gravel bikes should not.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

How are the new hoods? I had some nerve issues with the OG Force AXS because of the giant hoods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GJK82

by GJK82

Hi,
Anyone can tel me
Is NEW Force deraulier front and rear are faster or more quiet than RED 2x12
Is it possible connect RED brake levers with new force deraulier?

maurice1

by maurice1

GJK82 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm
Is NEW Force deraulier front and rear are faster or more quiet than RED 2x12
No
GJK82 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm
Is it possible connect RED brake levers with new force deraulier?
Yes

DaveS

by DaveS

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:57 pm
How are the new hoods? I had some nerve issues with the OG Force AXS because of the giant hoods

I've never understood these comments. I have small hands for a man and have no problem with the force D1 hydraulic hoods, the smaller rim brake version or Campy hoods 8-12 speed. Princess and the pea?

SaberSoltys

by SaberSoltys

Anyone know if the new (2023) Force cassette is quieter than the original? Rival cassette is super quiet, but I'd like to use 10-33 as long as it doesn't come with noise

JayDee81

by JayDee81

DaveS wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 am
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:57 pm

I've never understood these comments. I have small hands for a man and have no problem with the force D1 hydraulic hoods, the smaller rim brake version or Campy hoods 8-12 speed. Princess and the pea?
I understand because Shimano hoods are way better imo. They fit like a glove, but with Sram I have to hold them differently and there is no position they would fit even close to that.

magnusss

by magnusss

SaberSoltys wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:51 am
Anyone know if the new (2023) Force cassette is quieter than the original? Rival cassette is super quiet, but I'd like to use 10-33 as long as it doesn't come with noise
Have you tried the rubber bands made to silence the cassette?

I don’t like the new Force hoods. They are not very comfortable at all. Edge on the inside of the hoods/thumb and the edge of the rubber is to sharp
(I have not tried the old hoods.)

DaveS

by DaveS

The only force cassettes alleged to be noisy were the original all black , models that haven't been available for at least two years. I had those, but no noise problem. All current models with chrome plated steel sprockets should be fine. They've had rubber bands for a long time now.

Those whining about hood comfort must not know much about setting the up brake hoods. Sometimes it's the bars that are to blame. Camper seal foam rubber can work wonders. I've had everything except Shimano, that I haven't owned since the early 90's.