New Cervelo Soloist Spotted...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

It's somewhere in the middle here, but right, it was just a speculative comment like we do on WW haha.
https://youtu.be/ZiHXO2VBNHY?t=3519

gurk700

by gurk700

rowdyyy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:51 pm
gurk700 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:01 pm
Zstar88 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:14 am
gurk700 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 pm
Anybody else curious about new soloist colors? Jeff (norcal cycling) recently mentioned there's gonna be new colors and no other change.
You got a link to this comment about new colors? Would love to see it!
Was just a giant podcast with him and other youtubers (on chris miller channel) mentioning in a tiny part of it. All he said was "yeah I'm riding the soloist again. I think it's just new colors this year. I probably should know that. Yeah I think it's just new colors"
His bike wasn't on camera so not sure what color he's riding.
In his most recent video he was still on a black soloist.
Gotcha. Guess we wait and see. With Alpen seemingly discontinued (WHY!?) I'm hoping there's at least 1 replacement if not a full new color line up. His soloist might be just from the old stock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Mike's Bikes team haven't gotten new frames/bikes yet, though I can't say if they've been told about or ordered anything yet.

hpsims

by hpsims

My LBS has the 105 12 speed mechanical on their website. Don't see any new colours. Could be they used a generic picture. Interesting to see cervelo still used the low grade crankset instead of 105. https://www.cycleneron.com/us/cervelo-s ... 08424.html

Jere

by Jere

Hi Yes that crankset is like 900 plus grams.
I got the Gold Di2 could not believe it.

hpsims

by hpsims

I wonder how accurate this is but I found a Cervelo Soloist Frame Embers Grey. Looks like a nice new colour if true. https://mellowvelo.co.za/products/cerve ... mbers-grey

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Well, that looks like my current black one if photographed in a certain light (it's hard to shoot), so I'll agree that it's a nice color!

qp9

by qp9

Alpenglow was discontinued due to UV exposure issues. I'm not sure exactly what would deteriorate over time, but my guess is the pink reflection.

I also heard they're running back the same colors for another season since distribution was so limited for the first year. I heard this ~4 months ago which seems like enough time to potentially change their mind. There was also no mention of choosing a new color to replace Alpenglow, which seems likely.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

qp9 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:59 am
Alpenglow was discontinued due to UV exposure issues. I'm not sure exactly what would deteriorate over time, but my guess is the pink reflection.

I also heard they're running back the same colors for another season since distribution was so limited for the first year. I heard this ~4 months ago which seems like enough time to potentially change their mind. There was also no mention of choosing a new color to replace Alpenglow, which seems likely.
Oh man, that was the best color in my opinion. I actually had my eye on the last one in stock at a local shop but may think twice. Where did you hear about the issue?

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I'm not sure what I'd want changed about the Soloist, aside from maybe a bit of weight. I can see the same seat angle across all sizes not working for some people (it's great for me, but Rawl's veil of ignorance and all that). It's a total pain to adjust or switch saddles – please point me towards videos of people who have made it easy – so the seatpost could use a few tweaks.

But overall, this has been a super, comfortable, and confidence-inspiring bike. What would you change?

qp9

by qp9

BikeTyson wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:11 am
qp9 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:59 am

Oh man, that was the best color in my opinion. I actually had my eye on the last one in stock at a local shop but may think twice. Where did you hear about the issue?
A Cervelo employee. I heard the same reason for discontinuing Alpenglow from a shop so I don't think it's a huge secret.

Jere

by Jere

twoangstroms wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:34 pm
I'm not sure what I'd want changed about the Soloist, aside from maybe a bit of weight. I can see the same seat angle across all sizes not working for some people (it's great for me, but Rawl's veil of ignorance and all that). It's a total pain to adjust or switch saddles – please point me towards videos of people who have made it easy – so the seatpost could use a few tweaks.

But overall, this has been a super, comfortable, and confidence-inspiring bike. What would you change?
Cervelo will probably come out with a lighter model but it will cost $5000 for a frame set.
And I'm with you I would really like to have 100 g lighter seat post with a reasonable clamp at the top.
As far as handling and pushing the envelope it's a very nice bike it's also number 13 Cervelo since 1999.

wwnero

by wwnero

Jere wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:21 am
Cervelo will probably come out with a lighter model but it will cost $5000 for a frame set.
And I'm with you I would really like to have 100 g lighter seat post with a reasonable clamp at the top.
As far as handling and pushing the envelope it's a very nice bike it's also number 13 Cervelo since 1999.
i can't see them dropping the weight too much unless they plan to phase out the R5. Who would buy an R5 if the soloist frame weighed the same, assuming the price was comparable.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I did email Darimo (purely speculative on my part; I have medical bills to pay after a race crash) and they said they couldn't say if/when they'd have a seatpost for the Soloist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AM7Jeremy

by AM7Jeremy

Is there any aftermarket support for the seatpost at all?