Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Weber wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:01 am
any good and affordable integrated handlebar with 6 or 7 o 8 degree?
Avian Falcon only come with 10°
Just add spacers...
That's an easy fix.

Unlike having too tall handlebar. Then I can't bring it any lower.

basurper

by basurper

Has anyone use Avian Canary on Cervelo Caledonia 5 yet? Does it need certain type of spacer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aryeh

by Aryeh

I found a new lightweight mount for the Avian Canary.
It's 7mm thick so I think it should be pretty strong and stiff.Image

spltunes

by spltunes

Aryeh wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:50 pm
Do you have a name or link for this mount? :)

Aryeh

by Aryeh

spltunes wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:50 pm
Do you have a name or link for this mount? :)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0aFRgO

aham23

by aham23

I have a 2023 Scott Foil RC with a 1" steerer tube. Im confused on which size to pick when ordering ons of these bars; od1 or od2? I understand I need steerer tube shim.

Upcountry

by Upcountry

Figured I'd post an update as this thread has some good info in it worth continuing on...
I've received my EXS R175's in exactly 14 days from the date of my order(I'm in the USA). Really impressed with that, and with the overall look and finish. As good as any of the name brand carbon bars. They pass the squeeze test, and don't feel flimsy. Quickly put a little tension in the Park Tool Workstand and gave them a twist and they are most definitely stiffer in the drops than the Avian Canary(oviously not integrated stem). Really like the routing on these, and it should make for a painless install, even with my existing 11 speed Di2 stuff that still utilizes wired levers and bar end junction. This will be going on the Aethos, so it'll be nice to save a little weight over my existing PLT Ergos, and offer a tiny bit of flare as well, which I've grown to like for descents.
36cm width, 168 grams.

Also figured I'd post the pics of "The One" handlebar I mentioned on the last page as well. Half the price of the EXS, and obviously not as light, but a really nice looking bar that I'll probably hang onto for the future.
36cm width, 236 grams.

jch3n

by jch3n

Upcountry wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 pm
Figured I'd post an update as this thread has some good info in it worth continuing on...
I've received my EXS R175's in exactly 14 days from the date of my order(I'm in the USA). Really impressed with that, and with the overall look and finish. As good as any of the name brand carbon bars. They pass the squeeze test, and don't feel flimsy. Quickly put a little tension in the Park Tool Workstand and gave them a twist and they are most definitely stiffer in the drops than the Avian Canary(oviously not integrated stem). Really like the routing on these, and it should make for a painless install, even with my existing 11 speed Di2 stuff that still utilizes wired levers and bar end junction. This will be going on the Aethos, so it'll be nice to save a little weight over my existing PLT Ergos, and offer a tiny bit of flare as well, which I've grown to like for descents.
36cm width, 168 grams.
Got mine as well. 173g for 38cm width. It was not immediately obvious to me how I would wire a bar end junction with these bars since there are no holes by the shifters, but I think I got it figured out :)

fastforageezer

by fastforageezer

I'm trying to understand the cable routing on the EXS 175 bars. So if you don't have a stem that routes internally, you would just lay the hose in that concave area under the bar and then exit it right where the hose would go into the bar? And you'd have to tape over all of that? TIA.

TheDoc

by TheDoc

Upcountry wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 pm
36cm width, 168 grams.

Also figured I'd post the pics of "The One" handlebar I mentioned on the last page as well. Half the price of the EXS, and obviously not as light, but a really nice looking bar that I'll probably hang onto for the future.
36cm width, 236 grams.

Can't wait to see it mounted the bike! I orderd a R150 and it literally shipped just before the r175 was launched. Perhaps it's a sign that I need another bike...

LRB23

by LRB23

Just ordered the Avian Falcon II from Panda Podium for a new build. Looking forward to getting it in hand. It should save around 120g off the stock set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aham23

by aham23

LRB23 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:52 pm
Just ordered the Avian Falcon II from Panda Podium for a new build. Looking forward to getting it in hand. It should save around 120g off the stock set up.

Let us know when you get it. Very interested in those thoughts.

LRB23

by LRB23

aham23 wrote:
LRB23 wrote:

There were a couple of other considerations that being the EXS Aerover and the Far Sports FSX. Tom from Panda Podium mentioned the EXS was finished better but wasn’t available. The Far Sports FSX is a lot of money with my budget for the build.

It’s hard to argue with the Avian purely on price and weight. Hopefully that translates into a decent product. I plant to put it on a Cervelo R5, which hopefully will look quite nice.

ullmanz

by ullmanz

LRB23 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:56 pm
aham23 wrote:
LRB23 wrote:

There were a couple of other considerations that being the EXS Aerover and the Far Sports FSX. Tom from Panda Podium mentioned the EXS was finished better but wasn’t available. The Far Sports FSX is a lot of money with my budget for the build.

It’s hard to argue with the Avian purely on price and weight. Hopefully that translates into a decent product. I plant to put it on a Cervelo R5, which hopefully will look quite nice.

I absolutely love my Falcon II bar. I did quite some climbing and decending over the weekend with it with grades up to 22% percent it was, I think.
Basically I had the feeling when seated that my front wheel would lift any second when climbing.
Anyway, the bar didn't flex at all / the setup is stiffer than my previous one.
I had to get used to the bar for the first weeks just because I took it 2cm narrower than my previous setup and the reach and stuff was a bit different.

Setting up the integrated cable was quite frustrating. It was very hard to get the cables through. I guess that's the same on all of them though

I haven't seen any problem with the finish of my bar.
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I'm pleased with the Avian Canary. This bar is mounted on my Cervelo R5 and compared to the stock stem and 42mm bar I saved about 225 grams.
The Canary in 36cm x 120mm weighed 245 grams. I didn't weigh the top cap but it was 1/2 the weight of the stock Cervelo top cap I was running. I love the shape and and reach of this bar and the stiffness is perfectly fine since this is my climbing bike and I top out around 1,050 watts for my sprint. I may order another for my Caledonia 5.
Attachments
IMG_6078.jpeg
IMG_6081.jpeg
IMG_6076.jpeg
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓