New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Upcountry

by Upcountry

DCcyclist wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:27 pm
My apologies to everyone; I didn't know his IG was private, and I will not post his vid here. Yes, it was about the seat mast cap, but it was about it not being straight. He says the new TCR didn't address issues related to the seat mast. I trust Peak Torque's judgment, but it seems like some of the problems can be fixed easily. I'm not sure you can do anything about the angle being off, tho. Anyway, I am still seriously considering the new TCR. There's a really good deal on a used SL7, so that's another option, but I thought the SL7 was a bit sluggish compared to TCR on a recent test ride. I kind of want something new even if it's not as lively.
With the private account, I'm not sure of the content he posted there, but I think you might have misinterpreted his take...
Per this video he just posted today on Youtube, he hasn't seen a new TCR in person yet... Admittedly, his title is clickbait, as its a long term review of the previous gen frame... with two minutes of him going over the talking points of the new 2025 one at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymuzFqlrf_I

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

Peak Torque's SL is a sample of one, as is mine. The angle of his seat mast is ridiculous and should have been rejected at the factory: I wouldn't have accepted it for sure. Mine is laser straight, and as I have already said, there have been zero issues with the fit of the mast topper. He also moans about comfort of the seat mast, and maybe it's a disc v rim thing, but my bike is supremely comfortable even with 24 mm tyres as attested by multiple 200+ km rides.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

bedampft wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:14 pm
If you order through Panda Podium it's easier to choose Adapters and Spacers. Prices are the same, also the lead time. I ordered a Falcon 2 for my Propel a week ago.
Not keen on the aero Cadex one piece?

bedampft

by bedampft

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 am
bedampft wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:14 pm
If you order through Panda Podium it's easier to choose Adapters and Spacers. Prices are the same, also the lead time. I ordered a Falcon 2 for my Propel a week ago.
Not keen on the aero Cadex one piece?
No.
Delivery week is 26/2024, way to expensive (even in wholesale), and it has a reach of 80mm.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Delivery time I can certainly appreciate. Surprised there is still such a difference between wholesale rates for the bars Vs Panda Podium sticker price (unless you're also selling the Falcon bars?).

Reach, to me, appears to be also reflected in the stem lengths also available. I'd just take 10mm out of my stem length choice.

shotgun1

by shotgun1

bobones wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:20 pm
Peak Torque's SL is a sample of one, as is mine. The angle of his seat mast is ridiculous and should have been rejected at the factory: I wouldn't have accepted it for sure. Mine is laser straight, and as I have already said, there have been zero issues with the fit of the mast topper. He also moans about comfort of the seat mast, and maybe it's a disc v rim thing, but my bike is supremely comfortable even with 24 mm tyres as attested by multiple 200+ km rides.
I've owned 6 TCR SLs ISP framesets since 2010 and I've never had the loose topper or it being misaligned. I'm not doubting him but it could be a case of grave misfortune on his part.
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

bedampft

by bedampft

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am
Delivery time I can certainly appreciate. Surprised there is still such a difference between wholesale rates for the bars Vs Panda Podium sticker price (unless you're also selling the Falcon bars?).

Reach, to me, appears to be also reflected in the stem lengths also available. I'd just take 10mm out of my stem length choice.
Shortening the stem is not an option for me. Espacially since with a aerobar you have less room anyway.

I don't sell the Falcons and paid 275,- on Panda Podium for them. Wholesale for the Cadex is ~475,- (also including tax).

Dan88

by Dan88

For whats it worth, I have owned two ISP giant bikes (defy, TCR) in the last seven years and both seat masts were loose.. all it took was a thin layer of helitape under the mast to resolve the issue on both bikes.

Apart from that I am a big fan of ISP.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I miss my TCR. I loved the seatmast integration but mostly because I liked knowing it was never going to slide down. Only issue I ever had was the soft metal on the clamp bolt although I think that material has since changed. Hope the "raw" finish on the new TCR has fibers visible, I dig that look.
Just ride ..

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

itsacarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:00 pm
Hope the "raw" finish on the new TCR has fibers visible, I dig that look.
The non-sl frame is more of a raw finish
https://images2.giant-bicycles.com/b_wh ... Iris_4.jpg

Compared to the sl
https://images2.giant-bicycles.com/b_wh ... rome_4.jpg

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Good eye.
Just ride ..

pmprego

by pmprego

ItalianEngineering wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:53 pm
itsacarr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:00 pm
Hope the "raw" finish on the new TCR has fibers visible, I dig that look.
The non-sl frame is more of a raw finish
https://images2.giant-bicycles.com/b_wh ... Iris_4.jpg

Compared to the sl
https://images2.giant-bicycles.com/b_wh ... rome_4.jpg
Indeed... Weird that they opted for a non-SL to place the raw finish. I also think it looks more exclusive (even if it's cheaper due to less paint).

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

I agree, I ordered the raw carbon advanced pro. It was the only color available luckily. Expected last week of April.

chorus88

by chorus88

Team Jayco AlUla are riding the new TCRs.
IMO, TT-DT-ST junction looks unappealing!
24TCR-ST.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

JMOS

by JMOS

I much prefer it over the previous giant (no pun intended) triangle that some frame sizes had.
Attachments
tcr triangle.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com