Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theOrtherion

by theOrtherion

trex wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:24 pm
I'm keeping my fingers crossed because in my opinion Farsports is not the best at warranty stuff.
On mine, a chunk of carbon fibre chipped off where the bolt was attached - this area was just badly prepared/uneven.

All I heard was that it was a visual aspect and it was safe to ride. The only thing they can offer is a discount on another handlebar.

I still have mixed feelings.
theOrtherion wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:42 pm
Hello guys, today in a sprint (i'm not that big of a sprinter - 900w 1s xD) against a friend i heard a loud crack on my handlebar. When i got home i noticed that tha handlebar is completely broken on the hole for the cables. Anyone have any experience regarding the warranty claim for the handlebar? Do they honor the warranty?
Just to update the post. The guys at farsports honored the full warranty. I just had to pay for shipping (which I though was reasonable)

Clearly my bar was defective since I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. I will be riding the bar on my bike with full trust. I haven't installed it yet because the LBS is completely full but this seems one seems to be completely stiff.

montee

by montee

Notwithstanding the snapped example above - which is kind of alarming - are these still the best priced option for a "reputable" integrated aero bar/stem? What others are worth looking at, without resorting to no-name Aliexpress roulette? How does the Yoeleo H10 compare, for example?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 208

montee wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:12 am
Notwithstanding the snapped example above - which is kind of alarming - are these still the best priced option for a "reputable" integrated aero bar/stem? What others are worth looking at, without resorting to no-name Aliexpress roulette? How does the Yoeleo H10 compare, for example?
For me it doesn't compare since it doesn't come in a 36cm sadly

mrlobber

by mrlobber

montee wrote:
The H10 is significantly cheaper, approx 250 EUR instead of 400.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

montee

by montee

How does the H10 compare with the F1 for quality?

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

montee wrote:
Aside from Farsports F1...

The One (I have the most updated 2022 version on two bikes and love them... recently crashed one of the bikes and they held up like a champ): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=171981&start=45
EXS (way overpriced IMO, not easily distinguishable from The One...possibly the same rebranded, I'd buy Farsports over this if you have a burning desire to spend over $300): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170466

I would also trust:
Seka
Winspace
Yoeleo
Elves (next tier down in terms of cost, but seems reputable and is making eforts to set up a distribution network, so I'd add these to the mix as "worth a try")

DaveS

by DaveS

The H10 is seldom listed with any significant availability. I bought a set of the current H9 version 3 recently. They've added a top cap recess and a flush mount top cap. They come with a computer mount. My V2 bars weigh about 350g, but the V3 I have weigh 400g, like the V1 bars that came with my R12 frame I bought last July.

Lakal

by Lakal

HeluvaSkier wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:49 pm
montee wrote:
Aside from Farsports F1...

The One (I have the most updated 2022 version on two bikes and love them... recently crashed one of the bikes and they held up like a champ): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=171981&start=45
EXS (way overpriced IMO, not easily distinguishable from The One...possibly the same rebranded, I'd buy Farsports over this if you have a burning desire to spend over $300): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170466

I would also trust:
Seka
Winspace
Yoeleo
Elves (next tier down in terms of cost, but seems reputable and is making eforts to set up a distribution network, so I'd add these to the mix as "worth a try")
EXS is not a rebranded The One. It is much lighter and possible to get in different sizes and two shapes.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

DaveS wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:57 pm
The H10 is seldom listed with any significant availability. I bought a set of the current H9 version 3 recently. They've added a top cap recess and a flush mount top cap. They come with a computer mount. My V2 bars weigh about 350g, but the V3 I have weigh 400g, like the V1 bars that came with my R12 frame I bought last July.
Interestingly enough, even though the H10 wasn't listed on the Yeoleo European website, I dropped them an email and it was shipped out immediately. 380x120 version weighs 300g.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

montee

by montee

208 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:32 am
montee wrote:
Yoeleo (oddly) measure at the drops and size 380 is apparently 36.5cm at the hoods. Albeit limited sizes left for the H10, looks like 380x120 only.

by 208

montee wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:49 am
208 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:32 am
montee wrote:
Yoeleo (oddly) measure at the drops and size 380 is apparently 36.5cm at the hoods. Albeit limited sizes left for the H10, looks like 380x120 only.
Ah good to know mate, thanks for that!

aeroskii

by aeroskii

refthimos wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:29 am
I got my Farsports F1 bar/stem today. I ordered on Nov 27 and today is Dec 23, so took almost 4 weeks to arrive here in Los Angeles. Maybe future orders will go out quicker as Farsports builds up its stock.

Package arrived in a very sturdy outer box, and upon opening, this nice Christmas card was inside:
that card is so sweet
The packaging is also well done:

Everything was well protected and padded:

The graphics on the F1 are very nice, the gold is fairly muted, classy, maybe more like a bronze tone. In my case, it's going to be painted red to match my frameset (I'll update and link here to the build when I start the build thread), and it's something of a shame because this is a very good looking bar/stem out of the box. This photo really doesn't do justice so the graphics:

As you can see from the photo above, Farsports was also kind enough to ship with the Garmin / GoPro mount already attached, but that came off for the scale and the painter. Weight is impressive at 309.2g:

Specs are printed on the underside of the stem:

Weight of the metal Garmin / GoPro combo mount is 40.0g:

[Coincidentally, the new Deda Alanera DCR bar / stem came in today as well, in 44cm / 110mm (Deda measures width outside-outside), and the Deda is much heavier at 375.7g. But the Deda if for the SystemSix, and if the extra weight means it's super stiff for sprinting, that's perfect for me. We'll see!]

by 208

What's the difference in width between the drops and the tops on the F1s?

tonimartini

by tonimartini

208 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:39 pm
It does not flare out. My 400x110 F1s measures 400 at the tops and at the bar ends, unlike the EXS or some of the other brands that are typically +20mm wider at the ends. In terms of weight, mine came in at 365 grams including the shim and the computer mount.

One thing to keep in mind is that the F1s has 75mm reach and 125mm drop compared to the 73mm/128mm that's listed on their website which are the measurements for their old F1 model. On the flipside, the cutout for the cables is bigger which means internal routing a bit easier.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 208

tonimartini wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:27 am
208 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:39 pm
It does not flare out. My 400x110 F1s measures 400 at the tops and at the bar ends, unlike the EXS or some of the other brands that are typically +20mm wider at the ends. In terms of weight, mine came in at 365 grams including the shim and the computer mount.

One thing to keep in mind is that the F1s has 75mm reach and 125mm drop compared to the 73mm/128mm that's listed on their website which are the measurements for their old F1 model. On the flipside, the cutout for the cables is bigger which means internal routing a bit easier.
thanks for that mate, appreciate it.