Specialized Mirror 3D-printed saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chris1234

by chris1234

Picture of the new mirror saddle after Jakobsen crash.

Basically looks like the power with a longer nose.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

Currently own
- Specialized power expert on the MTB
- Specialized power ARC expert on my 2nd racer
- Sworks power mirror on my new main racer since yesterday. It's definitely different, feels like its more towards the power ARC. Not sure what I about it, gotta do a few rides and see how they go. Definitely different! Wouldn't pay the full price for it. Luckily plenty of discounts around.

GlacialPace

by GlacialPace

I have ordered a new power expert mirror saddle, seems interesting. Less 3d printed material and some traditional saddle padding, with what looks like a very thin cover over the top. Claimed weight is a lot less than the old mirror pro though, and only 20g or so heavier than the sworks, not sure if that's a mistake.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

GlacialPace wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:45 am
I have ordered a new power expert mirror saddle, seems interesting. Less 3d printed material and some traditional saddle padding, with what looks like a very thin cover over the top. Claimed weight is a lot less than the old mirror pro though, and only 20g or so heavier than the sworks, not sure if that's a mistake.
Nice, hadn't noticed Mirror had trickled all the way down to Expert level. Have the S-Works Power Mirror on my main bike but just may have the replace the Power Expert on my secondary bikes with the Mirror version now…

Anyone know what happened to the Elaston versions of the Power? Most of them seems to have been removed from Specialized's own website, and the few that remain are heavily discounted. Have they been superseded by the Mirror now that they have come down to less expensive levels?

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

What is the life span of these saddles? Does the padding get compressed to the point that it loses its benefit? Curious to hear what people think. I picked up a second Power Mirror Pro and it definitely feels a lot firmer than my 2 year old one.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

FrankG

by FrankG

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:06 pm
What is the life span of these saddles? Does the padding get compressed to the point that it loses its benefit? Curious to hear what people think. I picked up a second Power Mirror Pro and it definitely feels a lot firmer than my 2 year old one.
My Romin Evo Mirror is still the same after 19,000 kms apart from a little shine to the sides from my cycling shorts constantly rubbing off them. I have just purchased a new one for my new bike and the firmness and shape are exactly the same. So it's looking good for another few years 🤞
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

FrankG

by FrankG

That's quite a list.
Did you lower your seatpost when installing the Romin Evo Mirror?
As the people above, I am switching from the S-Works Power to the Romin Evo Mirror and it's a little 'thicker'.
[/quote]

Yes, I dropped the seat post to match my bike fit dimensions. The mirror was about 4mm taller than the previous saddle that was fitted.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

chris1234

by chris1234

The Phenom Mirror was released today. Weight is a bit disappointing though.

Bregantium

by Bregantium

While I was initially happy with the locked in position in this rather soft chair, I then swapped to Berk Lupina on my road bike and moved the SW Power Mirror to my indoor trainer bike.

Overall, after 2 years and ca 600h in this saddle, the 3D structure is done:

Matte86

by Matte86

Bregantium wrote:While I was initially happy with the locked in position in this rather soft chair, I then swapped to Berk Lupina on my road bike and moved the SW Power Mirror to my indoor trainer bike.

How would you compare the two saddles?
Did you get a 143 Mirror and a Lupina short 144?

Bregantium

by Bregantium

Matte86 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:08 pm
Bregantium wrote:While I was initially happy with the locked in position in this rather soft chair, I then swapped to Berk Lupina on my road bike and moved the SW Power Mirror to my indoor trainer bike.

Overall, after 2 years and ca 600h in this saddle, the 3D structure is done
Riding 143 Power Mirror and Normal Lupina 132 with black leather cover.

There are tons of comments on each of the two saddles online, basically the Lupina is more traditional and allows different positions by sliding a bit to the nose during hard intervals. Power Mirror to me personally is notably soft cushioned and typical short nose locked into position feeling.

Matte86

by Matte86

Bregantium wrote:
Matte86 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:08 pm

Overall, after 2 years and ca 600h in this saddle, the 3D structure is done
Riding 143 Power Mirror and Normal Lupina 132 with black leather cover.

There are tons of comments on each of the two saddles online, basically the Lupina is more traditional and allows different positions by sliding a bit to the nose during hard intervals. Power Mirror to me personally is notably soft cushioned and typical short nose locked into position feeling.
Thanks
As I have a 143 mirror and looking for a Lupina Short I’m debating between 143 and the narrower one
Besides different shapes, how / why did you find/go for a narrower one?

Do you or does anyone know the clamping area and stack height of a Specialized Power Mirror?
Thanks

chorus88

by chorus88

Bregantium wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm
While I was initially happy with the locked in position in this rather soft chair, I then swapped to Berk Lupina on my road bike and moved the SW Power Mirror to my indoor trainer bike.

Linear abrasion, contact with jagged object??
Untitledabrasion.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Bregantium wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm

Interesting. It almost looks like it got snagged on something. I'm coming up to 4 years on my S-Works Power Mirror and probably 1000 hours and it still feels and looks great. Nothing to suggest it needs replacing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

Hi,

I currently use the S-Works Power Mirror on my Aethos and like it.

On my other bikes I use the SR Pro Carbon Men: https://www.ergonbike.com/en/product-de ... &a=saettel

The new S-Works Phenom Mirror seems to have the same form as the Ergon, right? Do you think it makes sense to try it?

Thanks,
Alex
Colnago C68- Enve SES 4.5
S-Works Aethos - Enve SES 2.3
Open MIN.D - Enve SES AR 4.5
Mosaic GT2-45 - Enve SES AR 3.4
Open WI.DE - no money for Enve