Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OtterSpace

by OtterSpace

Agent041 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:57 am
Thank for the info.
I think you know what you want but I don't know that market very well so can't help much from here regarding specific recommendations.

However, generally I would recommend finding a round cheap alloy bar that fits your general needs and run the cables external until you have fit dialed and are fully certain that you love your deployment. That way you are not taking any huge risks and can adjust fit with another comparatively cheap bar or stem before buying anything too expensive.

Once you have fit fully dialed you can then try and find a high end one piece or more likely a high end seperate bar that fits not just width but also reach and drop.

I do this with my bikes before committing to a non adjustable setup and I am generally just deciding between two lengths or confirming fit on a specific size before purchasing

HBike

by HBike

Agent041 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:57 am
OtterSpace wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:04 pm
For sizes 420 or wider with an OD2 Scott bike you can go:

F1s: Up to 420mm wide top with a flare so around 440mm wide drops.

SYNCROS Creston iC SL: Up to 440mm wide top with no flare.

SYNCROS Creston iC SL X: Up to 440mm wide top with 16 degree flare.

SYNCROS RR 1.5 or 2.0 Stem & any handlebar you want. With 1.5 you can route internally if the handlebar has a cable exit point in the middle of the bars where the stem clamps on.

I'm not sure how wide you want tops vs drops to be but if going 2 parts then something to consider is the enve aero handlebar which is a good compromise of aero road riding but good flare for clearance and gravel control which should work with the internal cable routing of the SYNCROS RR 1.5 stem for integrated cables. However it might not be wide enough for what you want so you might need to go with a mid sized gravel bar.
Thank for the info. You have been most helpful. Regarding the width on top would be superb 44cm (center to center), but 42cm minimum. And drops is 46-50cm would be super. So slightly flarred. And I do not care for aero, and not so much for all integragrated and one-piece stem/handlebar. The handlebar can also be round.

Also what is important to me is that the reach would not be very big. So 70-75mm (or lower) is ideal for me. I ride short steep hills, and climb out of the saddle much and know to bumb with my knees into handlebar. So long stem and short handlebar reach is for me. And therefore also not very for aero handlebar, as it goes back to my knees again :) And the handlebars do not even have to be flared, if the handlebar drops are not very long. If long and not flared I also bumb with my legs when standing pedaling.

Currently there are Creston 2.0 stem as well as Creston 2..0 X handlebar. For which I must say is ugly. I have size L Addict Gravel and 110mm stem. But these handlebars are about 40cm (center-to-center) on the hoods, and about 52cm on drops. Pretty ugly. To much flare for my taste. Addict Gravel will mostly be riden on roads (and as winter bike). And I do not even decend on drops, so the extra extra flare is not usefull to me.

Any ideas for the new handlebar. Maybe separate round handlebar that comes to mind?
The stems are probably then also more tricky to get, as it has to be matched with Addict spacers and internal routing of cables.
I have the Creston IC SL on my Addict RC and the Creston IC SL X on my Addict Gracel. Both are great. The 42cm X has 16 degrees flare, so a 42 (c-c) on top will be 50cm (c-c) on the drop ends (a cm less further forward), so should be in your parameter space. Has short reach, too, with great transition from tops to levers. I really like it. Super light, too.

If you don't need integrated bars just use the Syncros stem and buy a handlebar to your liking. There are numerous. I had the Pro PLT Ergo, which I found great (44 c-c top and 46 c-c down). Has grooves for outer routing to hide the cables.
The LT Gravel Aluminum from Pro has 10 degrees of flare (44 c-c top and 48 c-c drops).

3T SUPERGHIAIA (42 c-c and 50 c-c)
3T SUPERERGO INTEGRALE has 4 degree of flare (+ 2cm at drops)

Cadex AR (very light, rounded, 6 degrees of flare, up to 46cm possible, expensive)

ZIPP SERVICE COURSE SL-70 XPLR, 5 degrees of flare ...

A big list of gravel bars can be found here:
https://bikepacking.com/index/gravel-bars/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Agent041

by Agent041

HBike wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:51 am
I have the Creston IC SL on my Addict RC and the Creston IC SL X on my Addict Gracel. Both are great. The 42cm X has 16 degrees flare, so a 42 (c-c) on top will be 50cm (c-c) on the drop ends (a cm less further forward), so should be in your parameter space. Has short reach, too, with great transition from tops to levers. I really like it. Super light, too.

If you don't need integrated bars just use the Syncros stem and buy a handlebar to your liking. There are numerous. I had the Pro PLT Ergo, which I found great (44 c-c top and 46 c-c down). Has grooves for outer routing to hide the cables.
The LT Gravel Aluminum from Pro has 10 degrees of flare (44 c-c top and 48 c-c drops).

3T SUPERGHIAIA (42 c-c and 50 c-c)
3T SUPERERGO INTEGRALE has 4 degree of flare (+ 2cm at drops)

Cadex AR (very light, rounded, 6 degrees of flare, up to 46cm possible, expensive)

ZIPP SERVICE COURSE SL-70 XPLR, 5 degrees of flare ...

A big list of gravel bars can be found here:
https://bikepacking.com/index/gravel-bars/
Thanks for the the multiple options. I like some of them. Especially the Cadex AR. just the right amount of flare. Have the Giant TCR with Contact SLR handlebar and it is great. But no flare. Which is also OK as the drops are not long so I do not poke to the drops with my knees :) Would needs something similar.

As the stem will most likely be Creston 1.5, it would be nice to have also the handlebar with internal cable routing (also hole in the center of handlebar).

Giant handlebars are nice but with no internal cable routing.
https://www.bike24.com/p2346247.html?so ... 09e4e35ac7
https://www.bike24.com/p2676545.html?so ... 09e4e35ac7
and with less backsweep if possible. But not necessary. As the stem would also change, it can be then longer.

jimmyt

by jimmyt

Does anybody have the outline of the SYNCROS Duncan 1.0 Aero (D-shape) Seatpost (Standard on the Scott Addict RC 2021 - Syncros art. nr. 275437) in a vector drawing with measurements? I'd like to use this to have someone 3D print a Garmin Varia mount, as the standard Varia mount wiggles. I could detach the seatpost, but since the bottom is not straight (but sawed at an angle), this will not be an easy task to create the outline. Thanks in advance.

Agent041

by Agent041

jimmyt wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:23 pm
Does anybody have the outline of the SYNCROS Duncan 1.0 Aero (D-shape) Seatpost (Standard on the Scott Addict RC 2021 - Syncros art. nr. 275437) in a vector drawing with measurements? I'd like to use this to have someone 3D print a Garmin Varia mount, as the standard Varia mount wiggles. I could detach the seatpost, but since the bottom is not straight (but sawed at an angle), this will not be an easy task to create the outline. Thanks in advance.
Do not have the measurments, but have the seatpost on brand new Addict Gravel 30. Have on order Duncan SL Aero which should be the same dimensions. And have bought (and not yet mounted) the Varia mount from UK:
https://www.3ddesigncentre.com/product- ... n-1-0-aero
also available:
https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/ligh ... ia-cycliq/
both are pricey when I add the tax and customs when importing to EU.

But I assume you want to save money and print it yourself (or friend). Just wanted to share it.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

jimmyt wrote:
Check my post below, I supplied the seatpost shape to Lucendi.ww (On Instagram, formally a member here) and he 3D Printed it
stevec1975 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:17 pm
Lucendi made me a Garmin Varia Mount to the profile of the Syncros seat post. Light as well!

stjepan

by stjepan

Hi all,
Can somebody confirm the max tire clearance for Scott Addict 20 (non RC)? Nominally it is designed for up to 35mm rubber, but I'd like to take the bike to some light gravel (mostly dry hard packed stuff). 38mm would be nice but 40 would be fantastic.

Thanks

jimmyt

by jimmyt

Agent041 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:48 pm
jimmyt wrote:
Do not have the measurments, but have the seatpost on brand new Addict Gravel 30. Have on order Duncan SL Aero which should be the same dimensions. And have bought (and not yet mounted) the Varia mount from UK:
also available:

But I assume you want to save money and print it yourself (or friend). Just wanted to share it.
Thanks so much for your reply Agent041. I'll have a look!

jimmyt

by jimmyt

stevec1975 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:10 pm
jimmyt wrote:
Check my post below, I supplied the seatpost shape to Lucendi.ww (On Instagram, formally a member here) and he 3D Printed it
stevec1975 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:17 pm
Lucendi made me a Garmin Varia Mount to the profile of the Syncros seat post. Light as well!

Thanks so much stevec1975 for your reply, I sent you an e-mail.

Agent041

by Agent041

jimmyt wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:48 pm
Agent041 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:48 pm
jimmyt wrote:
also available:

Thanks so much for your reply Agent041. I'll have a look!
I havent mounted on my duncan seat post. But I have had Varia mount for TCR from RaceWare and they are top quality. Definately better finish as from 3Ddesigncentre

stjepan

by stjepan

stjepan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:39 pm
Hi all,
Can somebody confirm the max tire clearance for Scott Addict 20 (non RC)? Nominally it is designed for up to 35mm rubber, but I'd like to take the bike to some light gravel (mostly dry hard packed stuff). 38mm would be nice but 40 would be fantastic.

Thanks
To answer my own question, maybe someone will find it useful.
It turns out that even up to 40mm is doable. Conti Terra Speed is the tire of choice, they measure a smidge below 40mm when mounted to 25mm internal rim width. Clearance on the back wheel is cca 5-6 mm from the stays and about 1 cm from the frame. So not heaps, but it should be enough if graveling on hardpack (my intended use).
Excuse the franken set up, didn't bother to fit the front wheel in.
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
08.jpg

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

wheelie wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:52 am
Hi all!
Is there any aftermarket solutions for the full lenght ITT bars to fit Syncros Creston iC SL combo handlebar? The orginal SYNCROS Creston iC SL TT/TRI Clip On Bar seems too short for the long distances

Can you measure the clamp of the Syncros Creston IC SL TT Clip on bar? I'm planning to install it on my Roval Rapide Cockpit just making sure it will fit. Thanks

wheelie

by wheelie

PM
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

wheelie

by wheelie

Anyone knows Addict RC 10 stock wheels Syncros Capital 1.0 bearing dimensions? Thanks!

Edit.. FYI

6802 x2 freehub
6903 x2 rear hub body
18307 x2 front hub body
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ice29

by ice29

stjepan wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:51 am
stjepan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:39 pm
Hi all,

Thanks
To answer my own question, maybe someone will find it useful.
It turns out that even up to 40mm is doable. Conti Terra Speed is the tire of choice, they measure a smidge below 40mm when mounted to 25mm internal rim width. Clearance on the back wheel is cca 5-6 mm from the stays and about 1 cm from the frame. So not heaps, but it should be enough if graveling on hardpack (my intended use).
Excuse the franken set up, didn't bother to fit the front wheel in.

Many thanks, that looks cool! Bought Addict for my wife, having it usable with a second set of wheels for light gravel roads would be perfect!
Non-RC addict looks like a perfect cyclocross bike from Scott :) Addict Gravel is a bit of overkill...