S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

It was not a 100% fit in my caseImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Does anyone know if the decals can be removed from the black venge 2019 with black lettering with silver/rainbow outline ?

Maddie

by Maddie

They are under clearcoat, so no

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

I miss it
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Maddie wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:22 pm
They are under clearcoat, so no
Thanks

bbqpork

by bbqpork

Hi guys, I tried and tried to research the 2019 Venge Disc's FD Di2 grommet and came up short.
I measured the FD hole to be 7mm, round and was not able to find a proper Di2 grommet. The specialized web-site only lists the Rear Di2 grommet but not the front. Anyone could help me out would be appreciated, thank you.

gruppetto

by gruppetto

bbqpork wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:20 pm
Hi guys, I tried and tried to research the 2019 Venge Disc's FD Di2 grommet and came up short.
I measured the FD hole to be 7mm, round and was not able to find a proper Di2 grommet. The specialized web-site only lists the Rear Di2 grommet but not the front. Anyone could help me out would be appreciated, thank you.
There is non. You can use the standard Shimano Di2 FD grommet.

bbqpork

by bbqpork

gruppetto wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:18 pm
bbqpork wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:20 pm
There is non. You can use the standard Shimano Di2 FD grommet.
Thank you, I will give it a try.

I measured the hole to be 7mm, but the Shimano one is listed as 6mm.
Perhaps that's how it works.

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Has anyone replaced the stock bolts on the venge for a titanium bolt kit?....was it expensive?, did it save much weight?

Charlie69

by Charlie69

Also hoping to cover original black decals with the rainbow outline with solid black gloss decals from speedy decals. Long shot but has anyone done this and how did it work out ?

BudhaNL

by BudhaNL

So I'm looking at 'personalizing' my 2019 Pro a bit more. Trying to lower the weight while also making it more useful. I am a 55-year old medium-fit 80-85kg rider, not having too much time to cycle because of balancing co-parenting/work/other hobbies. I ride alone 90%+ of the time in flatland Netherlands with some hills.

It's currently got the 'standard' Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050 front derailleur, and R8000 52/36 crank & 11-30 cassette. WIth this setup, I am virtually never using the 11&12 so I want to go to a compact crankset.
At first I was looking at moving to 50/34, try & get a good secondhand non-power S-works crankset for its low weight. Those however I can only find at the same price as a new Praxisworks Zayante Carbon 50/34. That also comes in 48/32, and by the looks of it, that would be an even better fit for me looking at gear calculator online and the speeds that I ride most of the time (average high 20s to low 30s):
  • I'll have a straighter chainline (much) more often so a little more efficient (same for 50/34 vs 48/32?)
  • Most flexibility for climbing (looking to go to the Vosges this year :o) with the 32x30 at the top
  • For normal riding, I'll never do 50+ on my own outside of going dowhill (and given my limited experience going downhill, I have no need to add loads of speed beyond gravity ;)
  • Zayante carbon 48/32 must be close to the lightest option without spending silly money (€276 for the crank)
  • I can keep up a decent cadence for longer time, like 100-110 is achievable for a while
So my question's whether the Ultegra front derailleur can deal with 48/32? Are there any good reasons that I'm missing not to move to ultracompact 48/32 but stick with 50/34?

Both will require a new BB (currently Prestine for Ultegra BB) so that's equal.

Gary71

by Gary71

BudhaNL wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:56 pm
So I'm looking at 'personalizing' my 2019 Pro a bit more. Trying to lower the weight while also making it more useful. I am a 55-year old medium-fit 80-85kg rider, not having too much time to cycle because of balancing co-parenting/work/other hobbies. I ride alone 90%+ of the time in flatland Netherlands with some hills.

It's currently got the 'standard' Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050 front derailleur, and R8000 52/36 crank & 11-30 cassette. WIth this setup, I am virtually never using the 11&12 so I want to go to a compact crankset.
At first I was looking at moving to 50/34, try & get a good secondhand non-power S-works crankset for its low weight. Those however I can only find at the same price as a new Praxisworks Zayante Carbon 50/34. That also comes in 48/32, and by the looks of it, that would be an even better fit for me looking at gear calculator online and the speeds that I ride most of the time (average high 20s to low 30s):
  • I'll have a straighter chainline (much) more often so a little more efficient (same for 50/34 vs 48/32?)
  • Most flexibility for climbing (looking to go to the Vosges this year :o) with the 32x30 at the top
  • For normal riding, I'll never do 50+ on my own outside of going dowhill (and given my limited experience going downhill, I have no need to add loads of speed beyond gravity ;)
  • Zayante carbon 48/32 must be close to the lightest option without spending silly money (€276 for the crank)
  • I can keep up a decent cadence for longer time, like 100-110 is achievable for a while
So my question's whether the Ultegra front derailleur can deal with 48/32? Are there any good reasons that I'm missing not to move to ultracompact 48/32 but stick with 50/34?

Both will require a new BB (currently Prestine for Ultegra BB) so that's equal.
I think it would ne no problems
Ultegra F/D is designed to handle up to a 16 tooth gap which the 48/32 is....., there may be a small chance your F/D mount on the venge doesn't allow your to adjust the F/D lower enough (within spec) due to the placement of the front hanger mount (but I would think you would only start to get into difficulty if you were using mountain bike ranges), but even then...., you could always use a sub-compact F/D hanger adjuster adapter

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I can confirm the 48/32 fits. I used this setup on the Venge 58cm with the 12sp Ultegra FD for a while.

BudhaNL

by BudhaNL

Thank you Gary & BigBoy, that's reassuring! Both the bottom bracket & crankset are underway as we speak.

Just having trouble finding the dedicated Praxis M30 toolset for installation but I think there are alternatives.

I'll post a picture once installed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BudhaNL

by BudhaNL

As promised, crappy indoor pics (terrible weather in NL) of the Praxis crank & bb. No issue with lowering the Ultegra FD.

Since I'm uploading pictures, here's some of the Roval Rapide 400x100 with Magcad adapter & Garmin mount:

And the overview to finish:

I was happy with the bike beforehand, haven't been out yet but the ride home from the bikeshop had smooth shifts Image, so I'm confident that it will be a nice upgrade Image