Deda Superzero with new Di2 bar-end junction box

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

I'm looking at these bars for a new build and will be running Dura-Ace 9150 Di2. I'm planning on going with the new bar-end junction box as it's much tidier.

Has anyone used these bars for this - they're internally routed I know, but it's whethere they're clear from the bar-end up to the hoods so can have the cable running up the inside.

Thanks all.

marioc

by marioc

2017 version wasn't routed internally to bar ends. In order to use the new bar-end Di2 junction box, you'll have to drill them. I'm not sure about 2018 version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

All they need to be is clear down the bars. I can’t see why they’d be filled anywhere to be honest.

rlanger

by rlanger

I know your bike's complete already with a different bar, so this is for anyone else that might be considering the same option.

I bought the alloy version of these bars in 2016 and just installed DA 9150 with the bar-end junction this week (well, I didn't but my awesome mechanic did).

Anyway, he said it was no problem at all routing the cable internally from the shifter to the bar end, but the carbon version could be different. It's certainly possible that there could be some internal blockage due to how carbon bars are constructed. But, it probably wouldn't be too big an issue clearing it out.