Aeroad XS / S frameset weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

calv1n

by calv1n

Does anyone who owns this have any real world weights? And for the integrated handlebars? Any help much appreciated

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I don't remember specific wheights but I do remember that Canyon in general is a bit heavier.

If my memory serves the aeroad is around 1400gr without fork.

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

alcatraz wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 pm
I don't remember specific wheights but I do remember that Canyon in general is a bit heavier.

If my memory serves the aeroad is around 1400gr without fork.

/a
Someone posted the weight of their disc medium in another thread at 980g for the frame. I don't think there is a modern carbon frame out there that heavy outside of time trial bikes.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

980gr for an aero disc frame?

I wouldn't never have guessed that. They've come a long way.

Sure it's not the slx/cfx (or what it's called) you are referring to?

/a

morganb

by morganb

alcatraz wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 pm
980gr for an aero disc frame?

I wouldn't never have guessed that. They've come a long way.

Sure it's not the slx/cfx (or what it's called) you are referring to?

/a
Check the thread a few below on the Ultimate vs the Aeroad. The only bike I could think would approach that is the Venge Disc in one of the heavier paint schemes (ie Sagan paint).

coolman2001

by coolman2001

My black aeroad xs frame comes in at 972g with hanger and bottle cage bolts.

morganb

by morganb

coolman2001 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am
Curious about your height/saddle height because I've been considering one of this since Canyon announced that they were coming to the US. I'm 5'9"/175cm with a 717mm saddle height and ride a 52 in Specialized/Cannondale race geo. I've pretty much exclusively ridden these two brands for race bikes (outside of a Cervelo S3 and P2, both 51, which both didn't fit well) and am really comfortable on their fit. The Canyon fit and handling seems like a departure in either direction between the XS and S.

calv1n

by calv1n

coolman2001 wrote:My black aeroad xs frame comes in at 972g with hanger and bottle cage bolts.
Thanks very much coolman - most helpful! Image

How do you like it for an all day bike?

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

morganb wrote:
coolman2001 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am
Curious about your height/saddle height because I've been considering one of this since Canyon announced that they were coming to the US. I'm 5'9"/175cm with a 717mm saddle height and ride a 52 in Specialized/Cannondale race geo. I've pretty much exclusively ridden these two brands for race bikes (outside of a Cervelo S3 and P2, both 51, which both didn't fit well) and am really comfortable on their fit. The Canyon fit and handling seems like a departure in either direction between the XS and S.
I am 167 and i ordered Aeroad in XS. I was between XS and XXS but i don’t wanted my saddle height to be on the max, plus I ain’t that flexible. Selecting the right Canyon bike size made me crazy. Asked the chat person he suggested me XS if i ain’t flexible. I hope the bike fits me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcorn

by dcorn

I'm 5'11" (180cm) with 32 inseam and fairly short torso and I bought a small aeroad. I had a 56 Tarmac S-works and I felt way stretched out on it, so I figured a smaller frame with less reach would be the way to go. Of course, the Aeroad has a super low stack, so I just have to lean over more. I guess I'll work to get more flexible haha.

It was tough to pick an Aeroad size because the stack/reach is so much different than the bikes I have. The website said I should get a medium, but I think that was based on height and leg length, honestly. I have the seat pretty damn high and have left all the stock spacers under the stem.

morganb

by morganb

dcorn wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm
I'm 5'11" (180cm) with 32 inseam and fairly short torso and I bought a small aeroad. I had a 56 Tarmac S-works and I felt way stretched out on it, so I figured a smaller frame with less reach would be the way to go. Of course, the Aeroad has a super low stack, so I just have to lean over more. I guess I'll work to get more flexible haha.

It was tough to pick an Aeroad size because the stack/reach is so much different than the bikes I have. The website said I should get a medium, but I think that was based on height and leg length, honestly. I have the seat pretty damn high and have left all the stock spacers under the stem.
What is your saddle height? I have mainly taken to gauging size off of that relative to stack.

dcorn

by dcorn

morganb wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm
dcorn wrote:

What is your saddle height? I have mainly taken to gauging size off of that relative to stack.
I'm at the 7 mark on the back of the seatpost, for what that's worth. What height are you looking for, straight up from the BB, length along the seat tube from the BB?

Here's a pic, it's way up there.

morganb

by morganb

dcorn wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm
morganb wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm
dcorn wrote:

I'm at the 7 mark on the back of the seatpost, for what that's worth. What height are you looking for, straight up from the BB, length along the seat tube from the BB?

Here's a pic, it's way up there.

I usually measure from center of BB to saddle top. Image isn't showing up for me I'll see if it does later.

dcorn

by dcorn

30.5" from BB center to top of seat, measuring along the seat tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com