Anyone has any experience with Reynolds Aero 65?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dorin

by dorin

Hi there,

Since having a hub failing on Shinanos few hours before IM check-in (luckily I was waiting to be 95kg to ride the 303 NSWs, so I ignored the extra 1kg I was having, love the NSWs by the way), I know i need a second set of wheels.

I was set to get 404 NSWs but I recently seen the Reynolds 65 Aero, wider at 19mm, weight difference it irrelevant (50gr) but the Reynolds cost 800 less.

Does anyone have any experience with the new model of Reynolds? I know in the past resin heat-up was an issue, they changed the resin and they come with lifetime warranty anyway, plus I won’t need them for climbing but braking in the wet is my biggest concern.

Before NSW i used the Firecrest, and oh my, the grey hairs I got when it was raining...

Any advice would be super welcomed!

Cheers,
Dorin
Last edited by dorin on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

Reynolds 65 Aero wheel are the latest generation, so Im sure that are amazing.

Thats partly based on the last generation of Reynolds Aero line up, the 46, 58 , 72 and so on. They get great review by pro testers and end user do a search even just on this board.

I love my Reynolds Aero 58 / 72 combo, much better in most all ways then my Zipp 404 FC wheels

Image20171223_145201_HDR by , on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

dorin

by dorin

Thanks Karl, what about the wheels getting water inside and staying there due to Nippels being inside?
We have very frequent rain showers in CHE..

Cheers,
Dorin