Saevid Alien Saddle...Reviews/Experience

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

I'm looking for a new saddle, something lightweight and yet comfortable enough to use for up to 6 hours.

I happened on the Saevid Alien on the internet but can't find much information.

Have you tried one? How was it?

And am toying with the idea of a Speed Needle Marathon...they have an unusual look.
Also Berk but they're a bit expensive
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

Subscribed. I was looking into BERK saddle as well but I’m using 143mm romin EVO pro but BERK doesn’t have that width.. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhalmar

by jhalmar

^ 132mm padded Berk Lupina is about 140mm with padding so I think it could be all right?

addictR1

by addictR1

jhalmar wrote:^ 132mm padded Berk Lupina is about 140mm with padding so I think it could be all right?

oh yea? do you or anyone have a pic of it measured? i see it listed as 132mm so i'm a bit hesitant in pulling the trigger. i'm 68Kg i love the weight of the Berk saddle.. which would help slim down my TMR02. currently it's sitting at 16.08# (7294g) with romin evo saddle :(

http://www.starbike.com/en/berk-composi ... _BwE#31929

jhalmar

by jhalmar

Juri Berk himself told that padding adds 3-4mm to each side (this forum other discussion) but if you want be sure you can always ask: https://www.berk-composites.com/contacts/

KCookie

by KCookie

Ive got a Berk padded List oval rails just sitting in a box unused im willing to measure and sell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

I've had my Saevid Alien custom ordered with no graphics for a long time now. I've always had Spesh Toupes on my other bikes and the similarity in shape made me believe the fit should work, and it did!

There is a fair bit of flex on the wings (as you'd expect), meaning that for it works just fine with me on those 4-6 hours ride. Not to say saddles with no padding don't need a little getting used to (because for me it did).

Fire away if you have any other questions!

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Just received my 2nd 132mm padded, can confirm it measured @ 140mm on the dot.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

Mine is slightly narrower at 137.5mm.

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks guys for measuring the Berk saddle.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

DWatkinsBSB wrote:I've had my Saevid Alien custom ordered with no graphics for a long time now. I've always had Spesh Toupes on my other bikes and the similarity in shape made me believe the fit should work, and it did!

There is a fair bit of flex on the wings (as you'd expect), meaning that for it works just fine with me on those 4-6 hours ride. Not to say saddles with no padding don't need a little getting used to (because for me it did).

Thanks...have decided to go for a Speedneedle Marathon...time and kms will tell if it was a wise choice
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have a berk padded saddle and a saevid alien, I love the berk saddle, I might love the alien saddle alas I have not really used it.

WILLIAMDENYS

by WILLIAMDENYS

DWatkinsBSB wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 am
I've had my Saevid Alien custom ordered with no graphics for a long time now. I've always had Spesh Toupes on my other bikes and the similarity in shape made me believe the fit should work, and it did!

is the saddle grippy enough? no sliding forward?
- ridley fenix sl 105 - not lightweight
- sworks tarmac sl 5 r8050 di2 - vision tc 24 wheels = 7,1kg

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I have a berk lupina (oval rail) and saevid alien saddle. Also had a specialized romin evo s works.

The saevid is good value for weight, and the carbon work was 100% impeccable. Just fantastic. At 140mm (or so) it was not as thin as some of the weight weenie options, but not too wide either... so great for my xc bike. The down side? It is stiff AF. And the gloss finish makes it slide around a bit... but for my dual suspension xc bike, it was great. Probably too stiff for an endurance road bike. Perfect for a crit bike or dualie xc bike. I am only 60kg however.

The lupina. Wins out by 5 or so grams vs the alien. Also more flex... and if i were a heavy rider, maybe it would be too much. More carbon finish choices, and imho not bad pricing for the quality/weight, but not quite the deal as the alien.

I am migrating my bikes all over to oval lupinas.

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

WILLIAMDENYS wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:48 pm
DWatkinsBSB wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 am

is the saddle grippy enough? no sliding forward?
Not grippy at all, slides like crazy. Maybe one to deploy the tour de france techniques of sand paper (or maybe something less agro like sticky bar tape). Dunno, slides like cray.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com