Campagnolo warranty question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys,

I have my Campy Bora Ultra 50 clincher at the LBS as my rear wheel has too much play. I assumed the issue was the small 2.5mm hub screw was loose but after tightening, the issue persisted. I plan on calling Campy USA tomorrow to see if they honor warranty issues of products purchased from the UK. I purchased these wheels from Merlin Cycles September, 2016. Anyone in the US have similar experience? Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Over the years I've found Campy to be very good when it comes to warrenty asks. My last one was a first generation, Record, Carbon crank. I had a nice, new Gen 2 a couple of weeks later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I think this is a pretty easy adjustment. That small screw is simply for locking down the “adjusting nut” once it’s been adjusted. But I find the adjusting nut itself is sometimes hard to get a good feel on just how “adjusted” the cone is to the bearings. What i do is remove that adjusting nut, then using a 17mm deep socket or something (I use one from a DT Swiss toolkit), put the socket over the axle and give the compression ring a little tap with a hammer to set it against the bearings. Then put the adjusting nut back on and fine tune it before locking it down finally with the small screw you referred to. If you have no idea what I’m talking about I’m sure you would once you started working on it and removing things on the non-drive side of the axle. They are super easy hubs to work on, and I pretty much always end up doing exactly this on my first service of a new Campy wheel. I don’t think it requires anything more than that, but surely if it’s in the shop they would have done this already, no? Although, You never know the level of competency at some of these shops especially when it comes to Campy.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I've had a Campy wheel that needed adjusting out of the box.

It can even be done on the bike. The best place to feel for play.

Loosen the little lock screw and use a thin wrench on the adjusting nut. Tighten very gradually and feel for play on the wheel. With play gone and wheel spinning freely, tighten the little locknut.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Some really good info guys, thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

3Pio

by 3Pio

Both of my wheelsset (Shamal Ultra and Bora One 35) needed adjustment on the rear wheel. As i remember they are suppose to have small play which will be lost when u put them on the bike, so it's the best to check if there is play or not on the bike.

AS i remember i found soume youtube videos how to to do it and it's 5 min job...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Noctiluxx wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:02 am
Hey guys,

I have my Campy Bora Ultra 50 clincher at the LBS as my rear wheel has too much play. I assumed the issue was the small 2.5mm hub screw was loose but after tightening, the issue persisted. I plan on calling Campy USA tomorrow to see if they honor warranty issues of products purchased from the UK. I purchased these wheels from Merlin Cycles September, 2016. Anyone in the US have similar experience? Thanks!
Very old thread I know, but in case anyone trips over this question - the Campagnolo Warranty is worldwide so regardless of purchase, all Campagnolo Service Centres are obliged to honour the warranty on the product, no matter where bought, provided it *is* warranty and all the necessary documentation is provided.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!