Saddle rail size/dimension

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

survivor

by survivor

I need some help from our kind forumers on a side project that I am currently working on.

Can you help to measure your saddle rail size/dimension and let me know what model of saddle that you have please? I tried to google around but this information is scarce. The only ones I found is Fizik saddles which stated their carbon saddle rail is 7mm x 9mm and their K:ium saddle rail is 7mm (round diameter).

Appreciate all your help!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Many saddle manufacturers have info about their saddle rails dimensions online. Usually it is 7x9 or 7x7

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

I agree with kgt. All the recent models' rail dimensions should be stated on the manufacturers' websites, it would be much quicker to get a bunch of information there. Metal rails are typically round 7mm, Specialized carbon rails are 7x9, while Trek carbon rails are 7x10. For older saddles no longer in production, it would be tougher to get the info. It might depend on what the project's about.

survivor

by survivor

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to look it up on Specialized website yesterday but did not find the information. I did find the information on Bontrager and Prologo websites. I will dig further.

MXGimp

by MXGimp

Specialized lists it for their saddles if its not 7x7 round at the bottom of the page.

Example:
Ultra-light, strong, and oversized FACT carbon rails.
NOTE: Oversized 7x9mm carbon rails are not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails.