Sidi speedplay only white? Sidi 2018?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ivy

by Ivy

I have a pair. White is horribly ugly, but if the upper works for you, the sole & cleat mount is absolutely worth it. Besides, maybe it will help some detective spot the shoe embedded in the grill of the car that one day runs me down.
--
Make SURE you get a ride trial before you buy them. They're special-order only in my area and SIDI won't take them back. Mine are with a cobbler right now to remove the top boa and replace it with something else about 1cm closer to the toe -- ideally sliding the boa down, but more likely it will be velcro. It digs into the extensor tendon on the top of the foot as-is; it's snug up against the collar of the foot (really bad for anything athletic).

I've been riding with the top boa completley undone. It's why the shoes are with a cobbler instead of in the bin. The footbed, sole, SP mount, & reduced stack are all wonderful. It's just that top boa. So, if it's good to ride without it, I might as well let a cobbler have it and see if it can't be rescued from the trash.

BTW, the mistake I made was to try a 3-hole "Wire Carbon" (which had a "Vent Carbon Sole") and then order the "Speedplay version". The SP version is a bit larger and the upper has that tendon issue with the top boa. Also, it would benefit from an upgraded insole. The stock insole is pretty bad.