Caad9 rebuild

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

calv1n

by calv1n

Hi all, as a long time lurker and owner of 52mm caad9 for 9 years, I'm a big fan of the caad ww threads.

I'm having a crack myself and have just got an uncut enve 2 fork on the bay. It'll be replacing the premium, and I just wondered if anyone could advise on the headset - the current one seems fine and smooth - can I just take it off the old forks and put it on the new, or does the different rake angle (43 vs 45) prevent me from doing this?
Do I need special tools to remove / install headset?

Many thanks

Current set up, with dura ace c24s, which have deteriorated over the last 8 years, Original ultegra sl, Thompson stem and seatpost.
I'll be adding a 6800 groupset and ksyrium sls also.

Incidentally, will 6800 cranks fit on the pre BB30 bottom bracket spindles?

Thanks

Edit: I'm considering a new lick of paint as the frames looking a little worse for wear (though original scheme is nice) - any recommendations for powder coaters in London?
Last edited by calv1n on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jobvisser

by jobvisser

calv1n wrote: can I just take it off the old forks and put it on the new, or does the different rake angle (43 vs 45) prevent me from doing this?
Do I need special tools to remove / install headset

you should be fine, it will fit but it might change the handling a bit.
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I'm not sure what you mean by BB30 spindles, but Ultegra cranks have a built in spindle.

If you have a BB installed that already works with the 6600 crank in the picture, then yes, that BB will work with 6800 cranks.