2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Feddesman

by Feddesman

dcorn wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm
Feddesman wrote:Also still waiting for the disc version.my LBS tought the disc will arrive in july with the TDF.
I hope it will be allot sooner because i want my new bike before june.
I've heard from a few places online that the disc Tarmac will be revealed and available at the Tour Down Under in Australia. I really hope this is true because I've been ready to buy since this past spring!
Just talked to the dealer Tour down under is correct .End of februari delivered

dcorn

by dcorn

Feddesman wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am
dcorn wrote:
Feddesman wrote:Also still waiting for the disc version.my LBS tought the disc will arrive in july with the TDF.
I've heard from a few places online that the disc Tarmac will be revealed and available at the Tour Down Under in Australia. I really hope this is true because I've been ready to buy since this past spring!
I'm getting super anxious to buy a new bike, kinda tired of waiting for this reveal since every other manufacturer has disc bikes out already.

I guess I might as well wait a week or two and see what Spesh says about delivery dates. I talked to a high end LBS in my area that is usually the first to get everything from groupsets to S-works/Pinarello/Cervelo bikes. They didn't have a single SL6 in the store and said there were all kinds of supplier issues with the frames and bikes. They guessed the disc frame might be ready around the TdF. I'm hoping that's wrong, but if so, I might be headed toward a Vias Disc instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roentgun

by Roentgun

Feddesman wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am
dcorn wrote:
Spoke to a Rep not too long ago and showed him the pics of the white bike and the blue/orange bike. He didn’t know anything about them. Said if Spec does release that I shouldn’t expect to be able to get my hands on one before late summer if then. I also showed him the UCI approved frame list, and he didn’t seem impressed. Not sure if they are just trying to keep quiet on this frameset or if this guy didn’t have a clue. That said, this Rep seems slightly biased towards MTB.

TonyM

by TonyM

I am sure latest for the TdF the Disc version will be available for the Pro teams.
For the consumers that might be later indeed.
Actually beside Specialized/ Tarmac and Bianchi/ XR4 all the major manufacturer have a disc version released and in many cases already available for consumers (C60, F10, Cento, Foil, SLR01, etc...)

DartanianX

by DartanianX

It’s being released at TDU.

Availability - March in limited numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Wow that‘s a news!

I suppose the one who want one should run to their LBS and order one.

For sure not everybody will be served before the summer...

Keen to hear what the LBS says about the available colours also.

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

TonyM wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 am
Wow that‘s a news!

I suppose the one who want one should run to their LBS and order one.

For sure not everybody will be served before the summer...

Keen to hear what the LBS says about the available colours also.
Hoping there will be a disc frameset available in the Sagan Superstar color-trying to decide between the BMC Teammachine SLR01 disc, Emonda SLR disc, and the Tarmac disc and wanted to wait to see when the Tarmac might be available before making a decision. Had a chance to order a rim brake SL6 Ultralight frameset when it was first announced and kick myself a bit for not jumping on that, but have a disc groupset and wheels now, so just need a frame. This will replace a rim brake SL5, so will likely be putting on some weight regardless of choice (SL5 is 6.8 kg with just ee brakes for fancy parts).

MRM

by MRM

Shame it doesn't have it's own version of the fully integrated cockpit (vias).

Roentgun

by Roentgun

Any pics surfaced out of Adelaide yet? Videos are popping up of pros out training. Figured someone would have gotten a verifiable shot of one of these bikes.

TonyM

by TonyM

I am actually more interested to see which colours will be available for us....

Roentgun

by Roentgun

Shane Miller just released a vid showing the pro teams passing by. Video of both Bora Hansgrohe and Quickstep. The first Quickstep rider is on a disc bike, but I couldn’t tell if it was a Venge or Tarmac. The Bora riders were all on rim brake bikes.

romalor

by romalor

Many Quickstep riders on Venge Vias disc for the sprints

Feddesman

by Feddesman

romalor wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:59 am
Many Quickstep riders on Venge Vias disc for the sprints
I think/hope this is sl6 disc
https://instagram.com/p/Bd41ekeDSwr/

L3X

by L3X