Colnago C60 or Bianchi Oltre XR4?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

themidge wrote:I'm not so sure about that. I'm pretty certain I've seen some v1r and v2r bikes under Darwin Atapuma and a couple of other riders I couldn't name.

That's why I said 'almost exclusively'.....

themidge

by themidge

:oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Digger90

by Digger90

C60 is more "smell the roses", "all day" and "for people new to race bikes"?

Some delusional comments in this thread....

3Pio

by 3Pio

Digger90 wrote:C60 is more "smell the roses", "all day" and "for people new to race bikes"?

Ill say they are both smell the roses all day bikes as u can see from the picture i just took :) (again)

Last edited by 3Pio on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Digger90 wrote:C60 is more "smell the roses", "all day" and "for people new to race bikes"?

clearly you didn't read the post properly. If you cherry pick phrases out of context then anything can be made to sound nonsensical.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Digger90

by Digger90

zappafile123 wrote:

clearly you didn't read the post properly. If you cherry pick phrases out of context then anything can be made to sound nonsensical.

Really?

Reading the whole thread, the general impression one gets is that several people want to position the C60 as an all day bike that's not a serious race bike and is more of an all-day machine for those who want to smell the roses.

I don't think there are too many ways of misinterpreting that.

Pschnei3

by Pschnei3

I would go with the c60. If the pros use it in races it can be more then "smell the roses" type bike.

micky

by micky

Then the next question would be, which roses are we talking about?
And any picture on digital scale?

wilwil

by wilwil

The C60 is an old man's armchair compared to the other top end race brands which are mostly two thirds (or more) of the weight. And compared to the VR-2. It even looks slower.

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

wilwil wrote:The C60 is an old man's armchair compared to the other top end race brands which are mostly two thirds (or more) of the weight. And compared to the VR-2. It even looks slower.

Great, this could be a totally new kind of bike data for product releases. "The new xy is 12% stiffer, 6% more compliant, 8% lighter and at 40kph, it looks 11% faster!".

guyc

by guyc

Old mans armchair.

Riiiiiight.

Digger90

by Digger90

wilwil wrote:The C60 is an old man's armchair compared to the other top end race brands which are mostly two thirds (or more) of the weight. And compared to the VR-2. It even looks slower.

Ha ha... and I got criticised for pointing out that some people were trying to position the C60 as an all-day, comfort bike. This takes the biscuit. :shock:

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Digger90 wrote:

Ha ha... and I got criticised for pointing out that some people were trying to position the C60 as an all-day, comfort bike. This takes the biscuit. :shock:

Agree, its not an endurance, fondo bike. I never said its not a 'race' bike, its just a bike you buy for its unique ride quality (hence the smell the roses analogy) rather than class leading stiffness/responsiveness. There are faster feeling bikes out there.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

stang1

by stang1

Having had both C60 in a 50s and a XR4 in a size 53 .. it really depends on what you want.

I rode both C60 and XR4 extensively and if you wanted a do it all everyday comfortable ride, the c60 is the bike to go. It really is just all round comfort and a joy to ride. The XR4 however, is a different bike. Its fast, wants to go fast, you can push it to your limits and it'll still as for more. I put it as a bike on a rail gun. Lightning fast , but comfortable at the same time.

I must admit that if i were to take it for a fast spin, the XR4 will be a choice over the c60. If it was a grand fondo event, definitely the c60 over. Either are great bikes, but horses for courses.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Bam! thanks for backin me up Stang1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com