New Saddle: Selle Italia Carbonio Flow vs San Marco Aspide Carbon vs San Marco Mantra Carbon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Yeah when I read the first post I looked at the Ronin and thought it looks just like my Aliante. Now I pasted online photos together and Aliante has the rear a bit higher. Currently i have the rear and nose perfectly level. If I lower the nose i slide forward, so we are in the same boat.
Attachments
sad.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WR74

by WR74

dgasmd wrote:
3Pio wrote:
dgasmd wrote:Another option is to do what I did due to the same ripping in the nose like you had: strip the padding completely off the SLR, sand down the edges a bit, and you'll be good to go. I was concerned with the no padding, but it has turned out even better as I know find sliding on the bare saddle a bit of a plus compared to when it has the padding. Comfort on it has not changed on it for me.

This look like good advice, and probably will try it. May i ask u for a photo of stripped SLR ? And i guess u also have thigh rubbing in the front of the saddle as i have sometimes?

ImageImageImage
Interesting, I could never get comfortable with the Carbonio on my Look 585 Ultra. Was super comfortable when I moved it to the Colnago M10 though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vanillaflyweight

by vanillaflyweight

Just a heads up to anyone following this thread, I picked up a Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon FX from Wiggle yesterday and to my disappointment it weighed in at 144g.... It's actually labelled as the Aspide 2 CFX open Narrow with a claimed weight of 147g. A bit of research seems to show that this is actually the 2017 version which looks identical to the lighter 121/124g 2016 version. Going to let Wiggle know that their description is out of date!

3Pio

by 3Pio

vanillaflyweight wrote:Just a heads up to anyone following this thread, I picked up a Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon FX from Wiggle yesterday and to my disappointment it weighed in at 144g.... It's actually labelled as the Aspide 2 CFX open Narrow with a claimed weight of 147g. A bit of research seems to show that this is actually the 2017 version which looks identical to the lighter 121/124g 2016 version. Going to let Wiggle know that their description is out of date!

Thanks a lot for sharing.. After all, seem that i'll order SLR Carbonio Flow again (comfortable for sure, and 122 gm on my scale) and same price with Carbon FX.

robsbc

by robsbc

vanillaflyweight wrote:Just a heads up to anyone following this thread, I picked up a Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon FX from Wiggle yesterday and to my disappointment it weighed in at 144g.... It's actually labelled as the Aspide 2 CFX open Narrow with a claimed weight of 147g. A bit of research seems to show that this is actually the 2017 version which looks identical to the lighter 121/124g 2016 version. Going to let Wiggle know that their description is out of date!

I can confirm having 2 San Marco Aspide Carbon FX saddles from 2014 that from 2016 the weight has increased from 121g to 144g and looking from the side the 2016 version padding profile looks higher. My 2014 saddles look more like the San Marco Aspide Superleggra from the side.

Rob
Rob

3Pio

by 3Pio

At the end i decided to just go for another Selle Italia Carbonio Flow, the same as im using...

On my scale is 131 gm, and also nice price from bike-components.de, so it was no braner at the end.

And probably next time i'll try Tune SpeedNeedle