Canyon Ultimate CF Evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Frames are just discounted from 3299 to 2499...

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I'm about to pick my Ultimate CF Evo size small here in the next 30min at FedEx. Ordered Friday and arrived today. I'm currently having the Ultimate F10 as my climbers bike and is one of the best riding bikes I ever had. This is my 3rd canyon Ultimate frame. I will install new G4 EE brakes, Stinger 6 tubular wheels and Etap 11s including P2max Powermeter on Rotor3d 24mm crank. I will use BBininitive BB one piece bottom bracket. The canyon is BB86. My current canon has BSA bb.
I will sell my current ultimate F10 with Stem, Aero handlebar, TRP 970SL brakes and Canyon carbon seat post and Bontrager carbon paraghim seat.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Looking forward to seeing your frame.
Do you know if you order the frame if you can change the stem length of the handlebar or do you have to take with canyon is suggesting?

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 am
Do you know if you order the frame if you can change the stem length of the handlebar or do you have to take with canyon is suggesting?
At least in my experience Canyon will not change the stock stem or bars as the bikes/framesets are already packaged up and ready for shipping, but will let you exchange it at no cost within one month after delivery.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

MayhemSWE wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:42 am
bruno2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 am
At least in my experience Canyon will not change the stock stem or bars as the bikes/framesets are already packaged up and ready for shipping, but will let you exchange it at no cost within one month after delivery.
ok so the best this is to order the framekit, ship back the handlebar and ask a difference size?

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:32 am
ok so the best this is to order the framekit, ship back the handlebar and ask a difference size?
That is how it works here in Sweden at least. Contact your local Canyon representatives, they'll arrange shipment of a new bar/stem and then you return the original component using the same packaging.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

It is how you say. Currently you can change the stem and handlebar only afterwards, but you can also order the correct length with the bike and return the original ones, which will be refunded and thus make the process faster.
I read/heard somewhere that Canyon will move back to it's roots in this regard and will have the stem, handlebar, chainring and cassette sizes customisable during the ordering process as it is an integral part in the bike fit. No idea when it's coming though.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

So my Ultimate came with a 110/410 integrated bar stem (same size on my current Ultimate) instead of the advertised 90/390 for a size S frame. I called Canyon and the representative told me to try the combination they had wrongly included in my order and if I don't like the setup to let them know and they will exchange the stem bar combination even I had already installed the bar. I made a picture of the size printed on the stem and emailed it to canyon for future reference should I decide to change the combo wants I have the bike fully build. I already ordered the G4 EE brakes and will place the order for the bb infinite BB86 one piece bottom bracket. I would love to install DI2 but I think for now I will take the Etap set up I use currently on my other Ultimate and will wait until Shimano finally will release a new DI2 group. I also currently have a rotor 3d 24 crank with P2max Powermeter and still debate if I should give the new aldhu 24mm compact crank with Praxisworks chainrings a try.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

bruno2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:23 am
Frames are just discounted from 3299 to 2499...
Gee thanks dude, you just made me waste half a day of begging to my wife...

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

Update. 6.51kg at the moment, with five small comments:

(1) Currently on HED Adrennes FR alu wheels instead of either the Venn or Fulcrums. I don't have much explanation, except they were sitting nearby as I was building the bike.

(2) 1.8mm LizardSkin tape installed. With these new funky aero-cockpits (Canyon CP10), I only used about 1/2 the length of tape needed on normal round bars.

(3) I'm not running my CarbonWorks bonkers-lite cages. I have chosen to go with stronger (but heavier) Blackburn carbon UD. They work without compromise.

(4) I have not installed the eTap FD yet, and not really sure if I'm going to do so. An Aerocoach front guide is arriving next week, and I'll see how that goes. I'm rarely in the 36 ring up front, but with eTap, it'd be easy to slam the FD on if a ride profile dictates. (Although there's weight to be saved, I'm not going to pull the inner chainring. It just seems like leaving it in place, but adding the FD 'when needed' is a reasonable compromise.)

(5) Stem slammed down, but I haven't cut the steerer yet. I just want to ride a bit more before making a cut. I guess the cut + unused spacers will save about 20g.

So, There's plenty of room to stll shave weight.
IMG_20190930_210404.jpg

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Nice package.
Bike will indeed look better with carbon wheels and probably some black chainrings too...

scapewalker

by scapewalker

The Ultimate CF EVO 10.0 SL @ 5.1kg for $10350 just looks so appealing. I might end up purchasing one...