Victoria Corsa G+ Puncture Protection

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

What is your experience with puncture protection on the Corsa G+?

I currently run Schwalbe Ones and am unhappy with the number of punctures I've had recently.

I appreciate that it may just be bad luck and I would have experienced flats no matter which tyre I was using.

Part of me is looking for a reason to splurge NZ$100 on bike gear. Wiggle have them for about NZ$50 a piece including shipping
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

I've been running the Tubulars and clinchers and they've been amazingly resistant. I ran the 25mm tubs for the tour of New Caledonia, then K2, Crit Nats, and Taupo. And they're still going strong. I ran the 28mm clinchers and I think I had 1 puncture. Now I've got a set of the 23mm clinchers with latex tubes and knock on wood zero punctures so far. It's possible just luck, but it've had more punctures on the G+ Rubinos.

I haven't ridden Christchurch roads, but the ones we have up here in the Waikato are pretty nasty.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

they rate just as good as Conti GP4000SII in puncture protection
http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... ke-reviews

In my experience (25mm clinchers), they don't last as long though.. they're magnets for all kinds of rubbish on the road and quickly pile up rocks and gashes embellished into the track. The skinwall is badass but once you ride them in the rain they're dirty forever (not an issue for a trophy/fair weather bike obviously). ~40g heaver than the Contis too but I think a lot of people prefer them over the Contis because of their suppleness and looks.

glepore

by glepore

No punctures all season, 25s w latex tubes. Rear tire showing decent wear after maybe 2500 mi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

My rear wore past the center groove lines within 1200mi and started chronically puncturing around the 1300mi mark. I honestly don't know how people are getting double that distance in the rear on Corsas. I get around 2500mi on Schwalbe Pro Ones in the rear.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I canned mine after 200 miles. 5 flats. Went back to the Schwalbe one which (out here at least) had significantly better flat resistance. Funny how different areas can have such crazy differences.

Krackor

by Krackor

I have 4000-5000 km on my Corsa G+ 25mm clinchers. Rear has lost the center groove lines in the last 500 km or so, and seems to be getting flats now. I think I had zero punctures in the first 4000 km, and then 1 or 2 punctures since I noticed the tread wear. The roads around here are reasonably clean, but I don't treat the tires delicately. I have ridden gravel and unpaved roads on them with no problem.

I have been racing Corsa G+ 25mm tubulars for two seasons. I've had just one puncture, fixed easily with orange seal. I race about 20-30 days a year, probably an average of 50 km per race, so in two years I have put about 2000 km on the tubs.

I'm very happy with the tires. Phenomenal grip, very comfortable ride. I'm going to switch to the Rubino G+ All Around for training and commuting once the Corsa clinchers wear out in hopes that the Rubino will last a bit longer, but after 4000+ km I can't complain about the Corsas.

sungod

by sungod

on dry roads i found them ok - this 23/25mm tubular

but the moment the road was wet, they cut and punctured much more than veloflex of similar weight

not tried the clincher g+, but on my commute bike i have 23mm gp4000s, these are certainly far heavier and more resistant to puncture than the tubular g+

if you have the luxury of clean dry roads they will be nice, but if you ride wet roads and there's sharp bits from nearby ground or glass fragments i would not recommend them

mortirolo

by mortirolo

sungod wrote:if you have the luxury of clean dry roads they will be nice, but if you ride wet roads and there's sharp bits from nearby ground or glass fragments i would not recommend them

+1

front >10.000 km
rear 10.000 km
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

mortirolo wrote:
sungod wrote:if you have the luxury of clean dry roads they will be nice, but if you ride wet roads and there's sharp bits from nearby ground or glass fragments i would not recommend them

+1

front >10.000 km
rear 10.000 km

I had an awful experience with them.

Two punctures in 100km, one front, one back. Both from small pieces of flint.

Binned them and went back to Michelin Power Comps. Love that tyre!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

1200 miles is what I used to get from the old corsa's when I used them now that mileage would have me changing tyres every month. I cant afford that.