Shimano Pro Vibe Di2 stem's computer mount option.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:20 pm
Tifosiphil wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:01 pm
Sorry to revive this one, does anyone have any issues torquing the bolts on the Pro stem? I've currently got a 3T Apto -17 which is an absolute nightmare. Is the Pro Vibe any better?
No issues here. I just installed and torqued a new Pro Vibe stem last weekend with ease.
Perfect, plenty of clearance for your torque wrench then? I don't know if it is just the Apto or what but it is an absolute pain in the arse

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Tifosiphil wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:12 pm
GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Tifosiphil wrote:
Sorry to revive this one, does anyone have any issues torquing the bolts on the Pro stem? I've currently got a 3T Apto -17 which is an absolute nightmare. Is the Pro Vibe any better?
No issues here. I just installed and torqued a new Pro Vibe stem last weekend with ease.
Perfect, plenty of clearance for your torque wrench then? I don't know if it is just the Apto or what but it is an absolute pain in the arse
What is the problem with the 3T Apto?

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

TonyM wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:27 pm
Tifosiphil wrote:
GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Tifosiphil wrote:
What is the problem with the 3T Apto?
It may be a combination of my setup and frame (which uses a 44mm headtube) but I run the stem slammed so an extension can't be put on the bottom bolts fully without a ball-ended socket. Tried a flexible entension and didn't like it particularly either.

It's a non-issue 90% of the time but if I am out/travelling and the bars are loose I have to guess the torque which is a bit annoying as I normally carry one of the Topeak Torqbar's or one of the Sealey Digital Torque's on longer rides or trips

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Just remove the stem from the bike, torque the bars, problem solved

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Tifosiphil wrote:
GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Tifosiphil wrote:
Yes. Plenty of clearance for torque wrench using an extension.