weightweenie disk brake bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

Take a look in the gallery ...

3 years ago : LTK 027 DISC 5.9 kg

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
http://eliflap.it/

quanmer

by quanmer

I have just installed Bike Ahead BiTurbo Road on my Canyon Endurace CF SLX, it's everything I can dream about wheelset, light, stiff, true, and should be last longer than any other wheels I had. It is no doublt very light for climbing, what amaze me is the wheel also carry lots of speed on flat, even compare to my ENVE SES 4.5.

Only one problem I don't have solution yet, I can't install speed sensor on the hub since they are not in normal hub shape.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billendk

by billendk

quanmer wrote:I have just installed Bike Ahead BiTurbo Road on my Canyon Endurace CF SLX, it's everything I can dream about wheelset, light, stiff, true, and should be last longer than any other wheels I had. It is no doublt very light for climbing, what amaze me is the wheel also carry lots of speed on flat, even compare to my ENVE SES 4.5.

Only one problem I don't have solution yet, I can't install speed sensor on the hub since they are not in normal hub shape.

We need pictures[emoji6]

JayUK

by JayUK

Hi there,

My CF SLX is around 6.59 without extras (pedals, cages, garmin mount, sensors, pump, etc) - I cant remember the exact weight to be honest :(

With all the above bits it's 6.95kg (according to my cheap bike scales).

J.

Stickman

by Stickman

DOUG wrote:I'm building a SS EVO HiMOd Disc with Etap HRD, frame should be here in a few weeks but everything else is ready go. Might do a build thread for this one as there aren't many for disc bikes yet.

Haven't weighed everything but based on a mix of actual and claimed weights it should end up around 6.3kg. Only truly exotic WW part on the bike will be the Berk saddle.

Is it impolite to ask how much it'll cost all up? Do you already have the frameset and SRAM components, or are you buying everything from scratch to mix and match?

I'm looking at 7.0kg for a rim brake 2018 TCR (L) with Dura-Ace! And that'd cost AUD$5300

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I have my doubts that his SSix Evo will actually hit that weight unless he's using tubulars or that's the dry weight with no pedals, no cages, no k-edge, etc.

DOUG

by DOUG

Stickman wrote:
DOUG wrote:I'm building a SS EVO HiMOd Disc with Etap HRD, frame should be here in a few weeks but everything else is ready go. Might do a build thread for this one as there aren't many for disc bikes yet.

Haven't weighed everything but based on a mix of actual and claimed weights it should end up around 6.3kg. Only truly exotic WW part on the bike will be the Berk saddle.

Is it impolite to ask how much it'll cost all up? Do you already have the frameset and SRAM components, or are you buying everything from scratch to mix and match?

I'm looking at 7.0kg for a rim brake 2018 TCR (L) with Dura-Ace! And that'd cost AUD$5300

Haha I think I was wildly optimistic with my estimate, my starting point was about 6.9kg which i guess isn't so bad but I was thinking Id be more around the 6.5kg mark. The problem with my estimate, aside from some components coming out a little heavier than claimed, was my lack of experience building, in the end I was off by about 600g for various reasons (e.g. i didn't realise the frame weight didn't include the BB and headset, that seems obvious now but I just didn't think about it)

Anyway build thread is here if youd like to follow along viewtopic.php?f=10&t=147970

Im currently looking at some new wheels which would get things down to about 6.5kg. So I guess 6.3kg is definitely possible without a great deal more effort from that point, I certainly wouldn't need to do any tuning etc. Not sure if ill bother but maybe somewhere down the track Ill look at seeing how far I can take it. As for cost, well best we don't discuss that here, my wife may just come across these posts :lol:
Last edited by DOUG on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DOUG

by DOUG

TobinHatesYou wrote:I have my doubts that his SSix Evo will actually hit that weight unless he's using tubulars or that's the dry weight with no pedals, no cages, no k-edge, etc.

As above I think 6.5kg is easily achievable without going crazy. You just need a good set of lightweight clinchers and a lightweight saddle, thru axles etc. and that's about it for the WW parts. As for 6.3kg theres plenty to shave from the seatpost, handlebars, stem. The Extralight hubs im planning on building with are 6-bolt as well which should save a bit of weight over the centrelock.

If you wanted to really build a proper WW ride then i think <6.0kg is definitely achievable with only a small amount of tuning. The paint on the SS Evo looks like it would weigh quite a bit just for starters.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

It’s achievable, I never said it wasn’t. My Emonda SLR Disc is 7kg with deep clinchers, eTap HRD, 28mm tires, heavyish ENVE bars, Romin Evo saddle, Garmin Vector 2, etc.

My point was I knew your build was not going to be anywhere near your original estimated weight because I’ve just built a disc bike out of an even lighter frameset than yours.

DOUG

by DOUG

:thumbup: yep, my inexperience was the reason for such a discrepancy between projected and actual weights. That's why I decided to do a build thread and update it with my progress and thoughts along the way, it's fun to be able to refer back to it later when I'm looking at changing something or building a new bike.

Stickman

by Stickman

DOUG wrote:The paint on the SS Evo looks like it would weigh quite a bit just for starters.

How many grams would paint add to a frame? Say a very basic paint job vs one like on the SS Evo frame?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Stickman wrote:
DOUG wrote:The paint on the SS Evo looks like it would weigh quite a bit just for starters.

How many grams would paint add to a frame? Say a very basic paint job vs one like on the SS Evo frame?

On a medium-sized frame, about 100 grams for a basic paint job with one solid color, masked logos and clearcoat. Metallic paints are heavier. Chameleon paint jobs are even heavier than that.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Can be shaved about 233g just on the Road brakeset by doing this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=149480

mythosxt

by mythosxt

My Canyon Ultimat CF SLX Disc, size XS, Di2 9170 Group, Rotor 2inPowermeter, AX Lightness withTune King/Kong, Conti Comp 25mm,...

without Pedals 6,18kg, as shown in Picture 6,38kg :)
sorry for bad picture ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

mythosxt wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:37 am
My Canyon Ultimat CF SLX Disc, size XS, Di2 9170 Group, Rotor 2inPowermeter, AX Lightness withTune King/Kong, Conti Comp 25mm,...

without Pedals 6,18kg, as shown in Picture 6,38kg :)
sorry for bad picture ;)

:thumbup:
Must be one of the lightest disc brake bikes on here

Have you got a build list of components and weights?
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc