Di2 RD won't move at all.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

merser

by merser

havana wrote:Ribble is happy to give you a refund instead of a new product.

I just returned my FD, bought a new one locally and got the money back from Ribble.

Oh hell! I'll do that if that's the case. How did you do that? Or how would I do that in my scenario? Just ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

havana

by havana

Well, I just bought a new one. Contacted the returns department. They asked me to return the item. So i did. Added a small letter (yes, very old fashioned) that stated:

"I've already bought a new one @ my local LBS, so it would be great if you would just refund me instead of sending me a new part".

And so they did. It's a win-win situation since they didn't have to pay the shipping costs back to The Netherlands.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

merser

by merser

havana wrote:Well, I just bought a new one. Contacted the returns department. They asked me to return the item. So i did. Added a small letter (yes, very old fashioned) that stated:

"I've already bought a new one @ my local LBS, so it would be great if you would just refund me instead of sending me a new part".

And so they did. It's a win-win situation since they didn't have to pay the shipping costs back to The Netherlands.

Superb. Ill give them a call this morning and see what I can do.
Thanks.

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

merser wrote:
havana wrote:Well, I just bought a new one. Contacted the returns department. They asked me to return the item. So i did. Added a small letter (yes, very old fashioned) that stated:

Superb. Ill give them a call this morning and see what I can do.
Thanks.

Just offer to buy one from them and ask if they can refund the cost once the warranty issue is confirmed.
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp