Chapter2 Tere

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

Looks great!
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

DiegoMendes

by DiegoMendes

Monkeyfudger wrote:Sorry terrible photo!

Haven't exactly got very far with this thing, had the frame for a few weeks now but as racing is over for the year the motivation to build it has waned!

About 6.4kg as pictured (old 105 cassette on wheels), so 9100 cassette, cables, chain and bar tape, pedals and cages to go on, seat post needs chopped down as it's way too tall and steerer might need a wee bit trimmed off as well :lol: might just about sneak up on the UCI limit. Not bad for 60mm clinchers and a PM.

*f##k* GREAT BUILD, What is your stem/angle? and how many mm this wheelset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

120mm stem @ -17 degrees, bare in mind the saddle is about 3 cm's too tall in that photo, I need to trim the seatpost as it won't go down any further.

Wheels are 60mm Vittoria Carbon Clinchers set up tubeless with Vittoria Corsa Speed's. (Awesome combo, I don't want to ride anything else now!)

DiegoMendes

by DiegoMendes

Monkeyfudger wrote:120mm stem @ -17 degrees, bare in mind the saddle is about 3 cm's too tall in that photo, I need to trim the seatpost as it won't go down any further.

Wheels are 60mm Vittoria Carbon Clinchers set up tubeless with Vittoria Corsa Speed's. (Awesome combo, I don't want to ride anything else now!)

Very niceeeeee bro, send photos when you finish this machine :twisted:

I'm going to buy my chapter later this month.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Slowest build ever!

"Stressful" day today cutting the seatpost and steerer (also cut the steerer on the track bike as I had the tools out!) so couldn't handle cabling/taping :lol: Maybe next week.

Better photo, with the bike set up to the same fit as my old one. Pretty amazed/thrilled I've managed to luck out to zero stem spacers. It's millimetre perfect...almost...probably... 8)

dcornell10

by dcornell10

~100 miles on mine so far.

Things I like;

Aesthetic
Finish and Graphics
Price

Chapter 2 is moving in the right direction. Frame only. Priced extremely competitive. You have to see this bike in person to appreciate the attention to detail. Graphics and paint are terrific.

kode54

by kode54

nice set up. looks great!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

DiegoMendes

by DiegoMendes

Monkeyfudger wrote:Slowest build ever!

"Stressful" day today cutting the seatpost and steerer (also cut the steerer on the track bike as I had the tools out!) so couldn't handle cabling/taping :lol: Maybe next week.

Better photo, with the bike set up to the same fit as my old one. Pretty amazed/thrilled I've managed to luck out to zero stem spacers. It's millimetre perfect...almost...probably... 8)

It's getting incredible 8) , is it an average size?

I used large of the specialized, I ended up buying medium, by the geometry, thus being able to use longest stem I hope haha.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It would be nice if they weighed quite a bit less. Aesthetically pleasing, yet neither 'aero' nor 'WW' -- so... just a general ride.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

silvalis

by silvalis

Yes. Would have liked it if it was a couple of hundred grams lighter. It's a bit like a non-HM SS in pricing and weight.
Chasse patate

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

My XL Disc frame 1125g and 412g for uncut fork. Which is fine from my perspective, wouldn't try for an ultralight build with discs anyway.
Actually, I don't build bikes to be ultralight any time because I'm not light, even at race weight.

Seatpost at 163g once cut pretty good, it was too long even for me at original length

silvalis

by silvalis

My medium rimbrake is 965g w/ hardware, 372g fork and 137g seatpost.
Chasse patate

silvalis

by silvalis

Was doing a strip down/clean of the crank on my Tere after a super wet ride.

Just noticed that the bottom of the FD tab flexes inwards a hell of a lot during upshift.
Running compact 4arm SR crank and a regular '15 SR FD.
Any ideas if the S2 FD will brace this better? Or does the little bracing arm only work if the top flexes inwards?
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

Cool.
Weight?
Chasse patate